SW interview - logbook question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

reepicheep

Myself and several others I know are in the same situation. Hired quite a few years ago by USAir and stopped keeping a "traditional" logbook. Still keep track in the "little red book". If you get an interview, will they want to see 15 years of little red books transferred to a traditional logbook, or would these little books suffice? US Airways also has a summary of all your flight time at the airline that you can print out.

Is this a big deal...I don't want to do anything to hurt my chances.

Opinions welcomed.

I would bring both the printout and the red book. I did see other 121 pilots do the same thing at the interview and it seems that no one had a problem with that.

The Air Force guys are allowed to use just their "official" computer printouts, for what it's worth. I'm sure the People Dept would tell you what they prefer--they've probably interviewed plenty of USAir guys by now...

Log Book

Dude,
The more organized you can make it, the easier it is for the log book check portion. You need to be focused on the three one-on-one interviews and not silly questions about your logbook. Put all your flights in one organized logbook.

Cheers,
:cool:

logbook advice

KISS. When you go you will leave your paperwork and logs with the checker. Leave the simplist verifiable information you can: in your case that sounds like, your logbook prior to USAIR and the USAIR printout. If your time is complicated, consider including a SIMPLE spreadsheet that takes numbers from the logbook and USAIR printout and generates the numbers SWA wants. I recommend giving your product to a nonflyer to see if it makes sense to them and if they can figure out where your numbers come from.
Bring the little red books and other "unoffical" documents, but I wouldn't present them unless the checker asks. I think an offical printout is better than going and copying your logs: it is made by a disinterested third party, it is neat, and it probably is simple with the totals already generated. I think you make a better impression on the checker when you make their job easy rather than showing them how tightly wound you are with your perfect logbook.

Latest resources

Back