Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Survival at LGA on pbj sandwiches w/o crash pad?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EnNuages

Can one find a studio apartment for $700 that's not too ghetto?

Are there any Super Walmarts or similar cheap grocery stores around?

Do you have to drive forever or ride a train to get to work?

thanks

Can one find a studio apartment for $700 that's not too ghetto?

Are there any Super Walmarts or similar cheap grocery stores around?

Do you have to drive forever or ride a train to get to work?

thanks

1) no
2) no
3) If you are looking to pay $700 then yes.

$700? Not bloody likely. Consider roommate(s) and crashpad as your solution. You can look online for possibilities at:

http://www.apartments.com/NewYork/MetroNYC-LongIsland/Queens

As for Super Walmarts, there are none. Better get used to those stores we call BODEGAS! But if you're really desperate for a a Walmart, PM me. I may be able to offer you a ride if you don't have a car here.

Finally, if you don't have a car, do yourself a favor and get the monthly metrocard so you can ride unlimited. It'll be your golden ticket to getting around the NY metro area and can be an excellent investment in your local night life.

Good luck, and welcome to expensive NY.

Find a person looking for roomies on craigslist in the Queens section of the NYC page. Find lots of shared places, 2-3 bedrooms, for 600-700 (often times utilities included). They go less than that but become more sketchy. If you want to live in the ghetto, rent is practically nothing....

Make sure you have the time to go see the apartments soon after talking to people. Otherwise, renters will treat you like a dead rat if you try to rent their place over the phone.

Studios = fugetaboutit

The Target in central queens sells many staple dry goods for cheap. There is a big Costco in West Queens. Fresh/cheap produce is everywhere. Lots of cheap restaraunts in queens. There are 4 bus lines going to LGA, do an apartment search based on them. No train even close. Employee parking is easier than taking 2 city buses to work. Usually easier than taking one bus (and I'm a block away from a stop)....

I live two miles away and give myself 40 min from my door to crew room showtime. There tons that commute from PA and NJ that fight the traffic for 2-4hrs everyday. But the tolls are high over the bridges and tunnels.

As long as you don't have a lot of bills to pay, enjoy the nightlife. City is a couple subway stops away!!!

Good luck.

crashpads are numerous and highly varied in quality. 175-250 is the going rate for both hot and cold beds.

Latest resources

Back