• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SureJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was a stupid name...However, I'm not embarrassed to work for this company...I assume you are working on going to someplace that doesn't embarrass you...

working on it weekly! Won't help your seniority number though, don't get too excited

SO when someone asks, "oh you're a pilot! Who do you fly for!?" it doesn't embarrass you to say ASa and then explain to them WTF ASa is and what we do? "BTW- I fly one of the most hated aircraft (by pax) in service today besides the fact my management completely inept and running the airline into the ground"

working on it weekly! Won't help your seniority number though, don't get too excited

SO when someone asks, "oh you're a pilot! Who do you fly for!?" it doesn't embarrass you to say ASa and then explain to them WTF ASa is and what we do? "BTW- I fly one of the most hated aircraft (by pax) in service today besides the fact my management completely inept and running the airline into the ground"

doesn't embarrass me a bit. I like the people I fly with and what I do. would I like to be paid more for it, sure, but i would be answering the same if i was flying a 319 out of MSP too.'

news flash.... nobody besides you gives a shizzle what you fly or who you fly for.

Last edited:
Um, yeah. This is about how it goes:

Q. So, do you fly international?

A. Ah, no, but we fly to Nassau on occasion

Q. So, when are you going to fly international?

A. Well, maybe someday

Q. So, the best pilots fly international?

A. Yeah, something like that

Q. Oh... well, I'm going to head over to the other side of the bar

A. Great. Nice meeting you..

This is worse than I thought! I learned yesterday that Surejet was short for SUper REgional!!! Are you kidding me? No wonder Skywest stock tanked. Could they really be that stupid?

Welcome to last month.

A spy at the G.O. said this was purely coincidental and not intentional. Although it matches up, they just thought SureJet was a good name. The new name-brand was supposed to project willingness, capability (stop laughing), and assurance to the customer.

Don't forget "partner, ally, friend"

No it wasn't, but it's a moot point anyway.

Wanna be delayed. Sure. Wanna have the flight cancel? Sure. Wanna see nothing but red arrow days? Sure What a new contract? Sure. Wanna get un-stacked? Sure. Wanna get your days off moved? Sure Want a pay raise? Sure

SO when someone asks, "oh you're a pilot! Who do you fly for!?"

Jesus, have you learned NOTHING? That's why you DON'T tell them what you do directly. If you make up something, use you're a garbage man, or you train the star fish at Sea World.

But IF you do feel compelled to mumble something that vaguely resembles the truth, say this; "I'm a logistics and transportation coordinator. I make sure things get from A to B in one piece". If they need more detail, just say you "travel a lot". THEN, you deflect back by asking "what do you do?"

Works great with women since big words make it sound like it's a complex/exciting job AND you're not lying. Plus, chicks LOVE to talk about themselves so as soon as you deflect back onto them you're in the clear.

It wouldn't change a thing. They'd still buy the cheapest ticket they can find on Orbitz.

It always irks me to hear a pilot make this statement. Wouldn't you buy the cheapest ticket? The FAA has minimum standards and even airlines such as Mesa, GoJet, and whomever else you want to pick on today, has to abide by. When ticket prices effect whether or not airplanes crash or don't get to their destination in a timely fashion then people might consider paying a little extra. If it is a short flight, I couldn't care less who the airline is as long as it is the best ticket price for my time. If it is a long flight then I will shop for the cheapest seat on the best airline that I can afford based on comfort and service. To think that people would pay extra for a ticket so that you could benefit pay wise is simply unrealistic.

Didn't know you guys flew B-1900's. Amazing, another pilot who is validated by how much people like the aircraft that he flies......Son, that is called SJS. Funny, probably the biggest complaint that I read from your pilot group is that Mesa and Republic gave up YOUR pay to fly their big shiney jets for poverty wages.

Last edited:
Welcome to last month.

Don't forget "partner, ally, friend"

Wanna be delayed. Sure. Wanna have the flight cancel? Sure. Wanna see nothing but red arrow days? Sure What a new contract? Sure. Wanna get un-stacked? Sure. Wanna get your days off moved? Sure Want a pay raise? Sure

Jesus, have you learned NOTHING? That's why you DON'T tell them what you do directly. If you make up something, use you're a garbage man, or you train the star fish at Sea World.

But IF you do feel compelled to mumble something that vaguely resembles the truth, say this; "I'm a logistics and transportation coordinator. I make sure things get from A to B in one piece". If they need more detail, just say you "travel a lot". THEN, you deflect back by asking "what do you do?"

Works great with women since big words make it sound like it's a complex/exciting job AND you're not lying. Plus, chicks LOVE to talk about themselves so as soon as you deflect back onto them you're in the clear.

Working as a hotel's.com hotel evaluator. Works great!

Latest resources

Back