• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Supertanker

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Within the CWN agreement it states that Victorville will be fully operational within 24hrs of aircraft activation (the 24 hr period is similiar to that contractually set for the DC-10's and 747 CWN activation period). In my opinion it's not a big deal. The state's aircraft gamble will save money if the DC-10's days on duty are fewer than 22 for the remainder of the season. Also, the 747 did one demo drop on a large fire in the Minto Flats area three days ago for the Alaska Fire Service. Saturday, Cliff and crew brought the a/c home to Marana where it will be home based for the season.

That's the way it goes.

Don't expect CDF/Calfire to jump at an expensive platform when the state is bankrupt, though.

Thus far the federal government has been loath the contract a VLAT tanker for some of the reasons previously mentioned...to say nothing of it being low on funds, too.

Good. It was ordered up yesterday and then canceled. It will be good to see it dropping on an active, revenue fire. I wish them the best of luck.

yah, that was pretty cool, I'm at SBD tanker base, and you could see it drop from here.. mud kept coming and coming and coming.. then it came around again, did the same thing.

Latest resources

Back