• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Superpilots Fly 5000 Miles on Three Engines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did it occur to anyone that a 4-engine aircraft fueled for a 12+ hour flight doesn't have the ability to land after losing an engine "shortly" after t/o....especially 2 hours east over the North Atlantic. I've never done it, but from friends that fly 747's, a failure of one engine is much more of a yellow caution message than an actual emergency.

What is wrong with flying across the Atlantic with 3 engines? MD-11's do it all the time.

Haha! Shut down another, cause 767s do it! Haha!!!! Nerd!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Here's a question with jets- can you ascertain the cause of a flameout in practically brand new engines and that a similar cause won't affect the other engines. Bad fuel, ash, etc- no a lot of options over the Atlantic
But agree that 4 engines with widebody fuel is different from 2 engines in a narrow-

I'm interested in what the widebody flyers think on this

Chuck Norris flew a single engine airplane over the pond, with an engine failure just after takeoff.

Chuck Norris flew a single engine airplane over the pond, with an engine failure just after takeoff.

All survived the flight
No one survived chuck norris

Down to seven

B-52 copilot: "Hey, we just lost an engine!"

Aircraft Commander: "You woke me up just for that?"

Why the sarcastic thread....they did nothing spectacular....and not unsafe..a bit out of the ordinary perhaps...

B-52 copilot: "Hey, we just lost an engine!"

Aircraft Commander: "You woke me up just for that?"

We had some fun with a BUFF driver once in an initial Indoc class, jazzing him about the horror of the dreaded 7 engine approach and landing.

Latest resources

Back