Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
S

sunlitpath

ASA management is not required to use the "Super Senority" or "Bypass Option". when awarding pilot positions. The use of this provision is at their discretion. I think it would probably save ASA thousands of dollars if they choose to allow it during the coming vacancy/displacement bid.

Yet another super duper junior FO who believes that it is his (or her) God given right to be a CA because Daddy flies for Delta.

This should be a short one.

Given all the issues that happened last time the company used it, I would hope they would choose not to this time. Put the positions out to bid, and let the chips fall where they may.

IMO, it's an antiquated section of the contract and needs to go in the next one.

Yet another super duper junior FO who believes that it is his (or her) God given right to be a CA because Daddy flies for Delta.

This should be a short one.
How would super seniority benefit a junior FO? Don't blame me because you have a "short one"...

It might not matter anyway. This bid may go junior, due to the commuting nightmare that exists in Washington DC airports.

It won't matter anyway- it's not going to produce much of a bid for the 700/900. The prominent number of vacancies are going to come from the 200. I'd be suprised if they utilized super seniority again anyway because of the mess from last year.

I did more research and consultation on this issue. It is hereby official that "Super Seniority" is not permitted in the upcoming bid. It may only be used for vacancies in the current domicile, section 24.G.7b. The stipulation is confined by the definition of "Position" on page 13 (Definitions) of the current contract. Oh well, party on...

Last edited:
I think the "super senority" should go out with the next contract. In it's place I would like to see something that gives all displaced captains first right of refusal to any future upgrades. One shot, you didn't like reserve and bypass then you wait until they go through the 60 and take your chances with the rest of the more senior fo's wh didn't upgrade sooner. Just a thought...

Last edited:
I think displaced captains should have first choice on any position vacancy, in seniority order, for a period of 2 years. Now that's some F'n contract...

Latest resources

Back