• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Super Hornet scores guns kill on Raptor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SIG- Oddly enough, it was darn close to where I left it for every recovery.

Laxman- I feel your pain. Tried playing with a hard deck of 27K out at Fallon (undercast). The loaded Rhino (I'm sorry to say) had trouble CAPping w/ the slick C's at 30K+. Just not our optimum arena.

CCDiscoB said:
Yawn....all defensive BFM fights begin with the defender in the HUD. Especially the close-in fights. I would hardly brag about putting the pipper on at “fight’s on” (look at the altitude). That’s like bragging you got lucky in the Philippines. Now, when this guy sneaks up on the Raptor and then guns him, that’s when I’ll be impressed.
I always loved guys that sucked at BFM so they'd put you in a defensive 3k setup then brag about how good they were and show the HUD video to their wife. :beer:

I'll jump on this train wreck since I've had a few cold ones. I was a former FAC. I wasn't comfortable working anyone other than AV8s, USMC Hornets & A10s at the min safe range during CAS. Everyone else just doesn't do it enough to bet the farm on. I actually had some A10 bubba playing the Apolcolypse Now song on the harmonica from IP to pop on the radio, that was impressive. That said, I worked with them down in Vieques once and that was a disaster capped off by one of them landing gear up at RR and clobbering the runway. Thankfully I wasn't looking too long for the boat...dude.:)

Purpledog,

I take it you didn't do too much work with AC-130s?

Just once, on a static range and I think he was orbiting at about 9k. Pretty impressive. Although that was a completely different game. He was orbiting with eyes on for about 15 min before opening the can of whoop @ss. I was referring more to a medium to high threat area where you have IP-tgt runs. It's hard to compete with time on station or firepower of a Spectre.

Vandal said:
Awwww...I thought I was gonna get the pointed fingers and "Check-six!" on that page....bummer, wonder where Fogs went? I hope the new guys AFN commercials are as good.

oh didnt you hear?? the good ole Doc landed the job as new president of Miss. State University there in Starkville..all the guys at CAFB are cringing at the idea of him living there ha

Yawn....all defensive BFM fights begin with the defender in the HUD. Especially the close-in fights. I would hardly brag about putting the pipper on at “fight’s on” (look at the altitude).
Man he must have F'ed that away to bleed down to 179 knts going downhill right after calling "fight's on"(sarcasm) or else they've changed how they do things since I've been out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back