• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Super Hornet scores guns kill on Raptor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This was debriefed thoroughly over on Baseops.net. According to the fighter guys over there, the Hornet is inside of TR and given the energy situation about to be on the defensive.. making the picture less impressive. And God help us if DaveGriffin sees this picture.

Must have been a Marine pilot... :cool: :pimp:

Yawn....all defensive BFM fights begin with the defender in the HUD. Especially the close-in fights. I would hardly brag about putting the pipper on at “fight’s on” (look at the altitude). That’s like bragging you got lucky in the Philippines. Now, when this guy sneaks up on the Raptor and then guns him, that’s when I’ll be impressed.

CCDiscoB said:
Yawn....all defensive BFM fights begin with the defender in the HUD. Especially the close-in fights. I would hardly brag about putting the pipper on at “fight’s on” (look at the altitude). That’s like bragging you got lucky in the Philippines. Now, when this guy sneaks up on the Raptor and then guns him, that’s when I’ll be impressed.

Can a Super stay in the phone booth with a Raptor?

not for awhile...the Raptor is based on the idea that every plane is a flight lead..studs out of UPT are taught wingman principles and therefore take time to acquire flight lead status. This is what Ive been told by IPs...they are currently taking SH Viper and Eagle Drivers to fill their ranks..plus would you really feel comfortable letting us butter bars handle one of the few raptors? :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back