• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Super Bowl Fly-By

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sorry, how many fly-bys have you done? Do you have any idea how hard it is to hit a moving TOT to the second? Especially when the singer likes to get all artsy and do their own rendition of the Anthem, and completely fvck your overhead?

I'm sorry, how many fly-bys have you done? Do you have any idea how hard it is to hit a moving TOT to the second? Especially when the singer likes to get all artsy and do their own rendition of the Anthem, and completely fvck your overhead?

He has done plenty of fly-by's. I have seen plenty of moving TOT's hit within a second. And we practiced them about half a dozen times a week...if not more.

Fighters are not the only ones who need to be on time while still being flexible.

As for whether they were late or not...I don't know...and really don't care.

Just an observation, which might be incorrect: it appeared the music that she sang the anthem to was recorded. Therefore, it would have been a "known" length of time.
That said, I've been way off on flyovers, thanks to the folks that started the "known" music at the most inopportune part of my holding pattern.

I'm surprised no one has said anything until now. I thought it was a little late myself.

With that being said, I have done them and it is very hard to hit a TOT within a second or two. And I only did it at a whooping 130kts. I have the up most respect for the guys that hit it in a fast mover.

even if they were late, it was nice

Better late than early.

It's funny how you get a 2 minute call from the ground FAC then "15" seconds later you get the 1 minute call as your outbound in the spin :angryfire

He has done plenty of fly-by's. I have seen plenty of moving TOT's hit within a second. And we practiced them about half a dozen times a week...if not more.

Fighters are not the only ones who need to be on time while still being flexible.

As for whether they were late or not...I don't know...and really don't care.

Thanks Jungle, you beat me to that (good to hear from you by the way).
Sig, I was not saying it's easy to do single ship much less a six ship. That said, I just pointed it out. And it was very nice to say the least. I was in the North corner about 5 rows from the top and loved it. During the 3rd quarter they introduced the team and they got quite the reaction from the primarily Steelers crowd.
Afterburners would have added a nice effect.

On a side note, are they in winter training with new team members? Was it the new team that did the fly-by?

Latest resources

Back