• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sunglasses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got some ray bans myself after I also got tired of the $6 gas station pair every two months. Had em for about two years now and they're still my favorite.

I agree with prop sync

Get those BIG HUGE BLACK GLASSES that you see old people using while driving in the car

only person who makes fun of you is the person next to you

who can see you while your flying through the air...well we are under rvsm so maybe we can get a quick glimpse in the cockpit now :)

If you go for Serengetis, check out Costco--you can get really good deals on them, especially when they're running their sunglasses specials. I got a pair of Serengeti Hurikanus for $59 during one of these specials.

GEORGE DUBYA said:
Hey what does everyone use what make and model? Are seregetti's good? I am sick of buying the 12 dollar pair from the gas station.

I now have three pairs of the Serengeti large frame Driver/Aviator sunglasses. First pair were sitting on the battery when I closed the hood and are now a "can bird" for parts. Second pair I wore elk hunting and dropped them on a boulder getting a few little chips on one lens, making them my knock around glasses. I switched over five years ago and haven't found anything better. They work great with the graded tint by allowing you to see the panel when it's IMC and not get blinded when you break out. The bronze tint gives you the "blue blocker" effect and gives a lot of eye relief on long flights. Ditto on Costco. Got my last pair in December for under $60.00. The only draw back is that they are old school in style. Form follows function though when it's a tool you use

Just don't get polarized lens. The windshield is already polarized, and it makes for a very cool Jerry Garcia effect. I wear Revo's and I experience this daily.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back