Sunglasses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GEORGE DUBYA

Hey what does everyone use what make and model? Are seregetti's good? I am sick of buying the 12 dollar pair from the gas station.

Spend the 100-150 bucks for a pair of serengetis. I absolutely love em. I can see outside and inside very well, and on those days when you're into the sun the shade these sunglasses are make it very easy to see through the glare.

Not the most stylish color but they have given me less headaches and an easier time finding the airport and traffic on those shiny days.

I personally like the Oakley wires with grey lens. They run $150 retail, but I can get them for $99 delivered. If you are interested, let me know. I have some Big Square Wires and can get a wires and e wires but it takes about 3 weeks. If you are interested send me a PM. Oakley claims that Private Pilot Magazine did a test in 2002 and rated Oakley number one in an optics shootout test. The grey lens allows 18% light transmission, doesn't distort colors and is good for medium to bright light. I've worn them for a couple years and they are the best I've tried.

The King Was Right...

I'm not sure what brand, but I have a sweet pair of Elvis shades. They're so cheap I really can't see anything out of them other than the flap and gear handles. Plus, they're so big I don't need to purchase ski goggles for when I hit the slopes or feel like driving like Ace Ventura.

On a serious note, I have a pair of black wraparound Ray Ban shades. I was almost in tears when I busted them a few months ago. Sent them off, paid a 12 dollar handling fee, and had a brand new pair back in about 2 weeks. If you need to see something other than the flap and gear handles I would reccomend a pair of Ray Bans.

Discussed previously...at length...many times. Search for sunglasses and you'll get more recommendations than you probably want.

I beat my Grandfather up the other day for his. It was a tough fight, but I wasn't about to pay top dollar for the UltraMod CataractWrap. They're so big and cool I can easily wear them over my headset so I can let my ego have a little more space. They also work good keeping GalleyMedusa from turning me into stone.

Latest resources

Back