• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

svcta

"Kids these days"-AAflyer
Hey, gang,
A couple of questions regarding Sun 'n' Fun. We're bringing in 2 airplanes(T-6 and L-19) this year and I have a question regarding where to park them. I'll probably be flying the T-6 in and would like to camp with it. Is there camping at all in the Warbird Parking area or should I plan on parking in Vintage Aircraft Camping(VAC)?

Right now I'm thinking that there's no way we'll be able to park together, since one is much faster than the other we'd never be able to coordinate our arrival so should I have the L-19 park in VAC and camp with it while parking the T-6 at Warbird ramp? I flew a PT-19 in a few years ago and they sent me to the Warbird ramp even though I think I had a VAC sign(and didn't camp).

Sorry if that is confusing...simply put: Both are Warbirds but I want to camp. What do I do?

Details are appreciated. I've never camped there before so any details.

Also, Regarding the L-19. Should we use the Warbird South arrival for this one, too? It sure is easier, but that Bird Dog is SLOW(well, 100 MPH slow, I guess it could be worse)

It actually depends on the wheel weight.

The t6's will probably park on the grass next to the other t6's in the warbird area.

The l19 can't park on the grass (at least i don't think so) so you'll get prime parking on the pavement.

I'd get with other t6'ers and l19's going down there to find out where they are parking. There are a bunch of groups on the web.

Diesel,
thanks for that info.....do you know anything about the camping situation relative to the parking you mentioned? Can I expect to be able to throw a tent out by one of these if they're parked in the warbird areas?

Isn't the L-19 a Bird Dog? I think its like 2500 lb gross, and the Army operated off of grass/unimproved all the time.

Diesel, are you thinking its a European jet trainer?

Yes, the L-19 is a Bird Dog. I have to admit, I've been scratching my head on that! I didn't realize the confusion.

Last edited:
Saw a bird dog land in a horseshoe pit one time. Those things can get in anywhere.

You're right i was thinking european fighter trainer not a bird dog.

If thats the case they will put you in parking with all the other planes unless it show plane quality.

It's certainly show-plane quality. 200 hours since new(literally) rockets and all. But at this point I'm not sure what's going on with it. It may not be going for reason of an impending sale.

I still may be taking the T-6 and interested in doing some camping. If someone wants to buy the gas I'll come pick you up and fly you in to Sun n Fun! (southeast only)

Latest resources

Back