• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sully to retire...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You really need to read his testimony in the Addington trial. He made up a story about his 5 year old asking him the meaning of the word integrity on a random day while driving to school.

Good guys have integrity, Sully does not.

I was wondering who was going to be the first j--k to say something negative - and the winner is "captainjack!".

Congrats

Metrojet

I hear Sully is going to be spending his retirement days hanging out with all us yahoos on flightinfo.

now all we need is the 3000 or so 60-plus greedy ********************s still working to do the same and this industry won't be such a nightmare.

get a hobby and go say hi to your wife!

haha, what wife, they probably need to do the extra work to pay off alimony for the 3rd wife that left them cause they work too much!

Sully was an excellent pilot and he set a good example: old pilots should retire and make room for the rest of us...

He's making a pretty powerful statement about getting out of an industry that is no longer worth staying in and cannot attract well-qualified, experienced pilots. Say what you will, but his actions speak volumes.

Does anybody really retire to spend more time with their family ?
I'm just ask'in.

"Each generation of pilots hopes that they will leave their profession better off than they found it," Sullenberger said in a statement. "In spite of the best efforts of thousands of my colleagues, that is not the case today.'

Latest resources

Back