• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Suggestions for SWA 737 Rolling overnight bag

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had travelpros, the purty neat bag ( way too heavy), and I have been using a Tumi for about 6 years now. Its light, roomy and expensive. If anything goes wrong, I mean even normal wear and tear, they will fix it. They FED EX a loaner to you and you either use the box to send it back or bring it into a repair facility. My wife the flight attendant is on her second one after 11 years and Tumi replaced the first one for about half the price of a new one recently.

They are pricey but if you spend a third of your life away from home to live out of the little box, it is an excellent tool.

SWAdude :cool:

I buddy of mine flies for a commuter & recommended crewneeds.com. Nice stuff. Thet have a 22" & a 25" bag, both are 13" wide. Lifetime gaurantee as well. Anyone have any info on these folks?

JV

www.crewneeds.com

PNT now makes an un-advertised version with no sidepockets. Several SWA guys have got them so they no longer have the sidepockets to snag and tear as they are dragged in and out of the cockpit luggage storage area. The only drawback -- no sidepockets! I know some guys get new bags at the drop of the hat but mine is old and looks like heck....I got shoestrings where the zipper broke, lotsa tape...it's got real character now and like an old rusting car, I no longer have to worry about every little tear and scrape.

Last edited:
Try Samsonite!

They make a hard sided that fits perfectly and runs for 100 bucks. Mine is 18 months old and holding up stong. The pluses are: inexpensive, fits, Captain's bag slides easily on hard surface (always nice to please the boss when on probabtion)

The minus is that as a hard sided bag you cannot overstuff it ... but you probably don't want to do that anyway.

I use the Samonsite Hybrid. It is hardsided on the bottom and has a soft top. CrewGear sells it and they offer a SWA discount.

The only Samsonites I see at Crew gear are 14" wide. Is there a 13" or does the 14" fit ok?

JV

I had the PNT bag and just got sick of it falling apart, the weight, and doing the reach around to get it in the cockpit (737 pilots know what I'm talking about). I dug up my 7 year old Costco bag I used at the commuters, took it back to Costco and got a brand new one for free. They have a lifetime warranty, roll easily, are very light and they expand 2 inches (thick way) for a longer trip. Best deal out there, really, and it fits right in the crew bag spot with no fight.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back