Suggestion solve customer service/quality issues

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kc1

I have a great idea. Why doesn't the general public just tip when they travel on airlines. For example, every leg of their flight, if the overall experience is good customer service wise, especially the F/A, just tip a buck. When you go into a restaurant, you expect to do that, why not do that when flying. It would only cost the passengers $4 per round trip to tip for 4 flights. Flight attendants would do a better job, get paid very well, and it would attract better people to the airlines to work. Maybe even give a percent to the pilots? Quality of the overall travel experience would go up a little, for only $1 per flight. I know some flight attendants would say "we're there for safety", which is definitely their primary job, but why not get tipped for the customer service aspect. The whole thing seems like a no brainer to me. It wouldn't solve all the problems such as delays and uncomfortable seats, but it would definitely improve the overall experience, at a time when we need it badly.

Why don't airlines just treat their employees better. Maybe people would get better service then. For example, Southwest seems to have a pretty good customers satisfaction record.

Funny, I like it.

Or, of course, the FA's could just do their damn jobs-or if they hate it so much (as apparently 90% of those I fly with do) they could leave and make the same money anywhere. The TSA pays well in comparison, right? Eventually the pay will go up once no one will do the job.

This will only lower the opinion (whats left) the general public has on pilots...you don't tip your doctor or other professional out there do you. We started this problem from within.

If I handed each of the pilots $10 before the flight, would you keep the APU on until we get in the air so we don't melt back there?

Funny, I like it.

Or, of course, the FA's could just do their damn jobs-or if they hate it so much (as apparently 90% of those I fly with do) they could leave and make the same money anywhere. The TSA pays well in comparison, right? Eventually the pay will go up once no one will do the job.

Agree.

I have talked with many FAs, Gate Agents, and Ramp Agents and none of them seem to like their jobs, but what's astonishing is that almost everyone of them say the same about why they are 'still' doing the job: "...because of flight benefits." I say 'Flight Benefits' for what? They don't have time or money to go anywhere and when the finally do, most of them get stuck somewhere as a non-rev, stress builds up, and they simply stop going. Then they are stuck doing this job for next to nothing and take it out on passengers, and fellow crew memebers. Yep, most of the Flight Attendants, Gate Agents, and Ramp Agents have poor attitude towards everyone...but would never think about some other job that would give them sense of accomplishment and happiness.

Latest resources

Back