Suggested routing Madrid to Singapore

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

leardvr

Been asked to consider taking a Citation XL from Madrid to Singapore. Very early in talks but wondering if anyone would have suggested routing. I think that 1750NM legs are well within all required fuel Min's. (figured 1500lb reserves) so I could push it to 1850/1900nm legs with the right winds.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Larnaca - Dubai - Mumbai - Singapore.....???? - all easy tech stops. Also consider Athens, Amman, Bahrain...

this shows 7100nm great circle, but over Iran. real routing probably 7500nm. ouch in a citation.

try it out...

http://gc.kls2.com/

sounds like an adventure!

Last edited:
I have done it in turboprops, so shorter range, but Luxor (HELX)-Oman (OOMS)-Calcutta (VECC)-Singapore should work well. Overflight permits for Saudi and India will take at least 5 working days.

Are you already in MAD? If you are going there be prepared to either go to LETO or LEMD. There are very specific times you can arrive at LEMD (Barrajas) and, more importantly, specific times you can leave.

Your best bet is to plan on Torrejon (50/50 chance you'll get diverted to Barajas anyway).

Also, Bangalore is a joint civil/military airport. We had to get the "Raj" to approve our visit there because the Minister of Defense was visiting for a big presentation. (Nice hardware--got to see MiG-21's and the new IAF ground attack fighter that looks like a F4D Skyray and a bunch of IAF Jaguars.)

It is advisable to do an offset over the Arabian Sea (I think that's what's between Dubai and Bangalore) and certainly over the Bay of Bengal. I've heard several stories on pprune of near misses because the "controllers" in Calcutta/Yangon and elswhere don't keep a close eye on the traffic they are issuing clearances to out there. Fly with all your lights on at night. ;)

You may already know about this stuff--if so, please disregard.TC

Last edited:
Sicily can be an iffy tech stop....and Dubai is under serious construction....last time there I waited 40 mins in line to depart for Bahrain.

Abu-Dhabi may be easier?

HAVE FUN!....wish I was going!......

in a GLEX.

:)

pilot error said:
...... dubai sucked the last time i was there (last summer).

Yeah, but I bet you didn't go to Cyclone :D .

I concur with TC on the offsets over the Arabian Sea ( that is correct, by the way ) and Bay of Bengal. More for wake turbulence avoidance than near miss potential. The near misses were happening over northern Myanmar at the border area with China. No radio contact and transitions from Standard to Metric levels being a contributory factor.

Me, I'd probably go Tripoli-Sanaa-Karachi-Dhaka-Bandar Aceh-Singapore :pimp: That way you get a taste of all the world's loveliest places.

TP

ANY stop involving the Italians will be a pain in the a$$! :)

Typhoon--Thanks for the correction. I just heard about the near miss thing on pprune.TC

Latest resources

Back