Subcommittee on transportation hearing with airline managers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Favorite Trenary quote:
"When they come to us [out of the bridge programs], it's amazing how competent, how capable they are. You take some people who have say 6, 7, 8 hundred hours out of an approved bridge program, relative to a pilot who has several thousand hours, and there's no comparison. So, the future looks very good."

So, not only are Gulfstream, etc. guys good enough, they're actually far, far better than others with several thousand hours. The future looks bright indeed!

My favorite quote is from the American Eagle CEO.

We have people that work for us in cities like Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, etc that are baggage handlers, rampers, ticket and gate agents, and mechanics. They make less then the pilot group yet they live in these cities and don't commute. They find away to adjust and make it work, so should the pilots.

I would love to see him live in one of those cities on 21,000 a yr!

I am curious as to what the American Eagle CEO thinks the student loan payments for the Ramper are concerning his ATP in Baggage Aerodynamics and his Bachelors in Zipper Engineering.

I am curious as to what the American Eagle CEO thinks the student loan payments for the Ramper are concerning his ATP in Baggage Aerodynamics and his Bachelors in Zipper Engineering.

One of those Senators should have responded with. Are the requirements to be hired as a baggage handle, ramper, or ticket and gate agents the same as a pilot? No..... So what you are saying here is you are comparing apple to dump trucks?

My favorite quote is from the American Eagle CEO.

We have people that work for us in cities like Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, etc that are baggage handlers, rampers, ticket and gate agents, and mechanics. They make less then the pilot group yet they live in these cities and don't commute. They find away to adjust and make it work, so should the pilots.

I would love to see him live in one of those cities on 21,000 a yr!

Yeah and we also have some of the worst baggage handlers, gate agents and mechanics in the industry. They are just happy to have a job. The sad thing is most of them make more than FOs because they can work as much overtime as they want.

The government needs to stop talking to Management and Union Types. They all have an agenda, even it they are supposed to be representing the line pilot. If these people want the real story, they should come out to the airport and have some discussions with the average "Joe Pilot". Heck, maybe they should ride around on a few trips with us, that would explain more than any words I could come up with.

Latest resources

Back