Stupid SWA Question:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SEVEN

Already did a search and couldn't come up with anything. My dumb question: Is it even posible to get an interview/job with Southwest without a college degree? Assuming the applicant has all of the other requirements including a type rating. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Seven,

On the first page of the application, one of the questions is "do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?" You must answer "yes" to continue.
There's nothing else about requiring a college education.

So, in theory it would seem possible to get an interview/job without a degree.

Hope that helps.

My buddy just got an interview with a two year assoc. degree & no type...check airman and over 10,000 hrs. Given the competition, I don't think you would get an interveiw with no college degree at all. But then again, it may depend on who you know.

I've helped several SWA guys without degrees...you can certainly work there without a 4 year degree. Ditto Jetblue. FedEx, however, is 100% firm on the 4 year degree.

Good luck!

SEVEN,

This isn't necessarily directly at you, however it might apply. Please think twice about continuing to pursue this profession without the degree, or at least a skill other than flying. If push comes to shove, when you have other options it makes it easier to stand up to the 'man.' We're in a downward spiral partly because folks think that they can't do anything else(which is a mistake in my opinion, most pilots have untapped skills that could make them much more money than they currently make but they just don't have the confidence to know it.)

Good luck.

If your flying qualifications are where they need to be you won't need a degree but it always helps in these very competitive times. They are looking more for personality, can do attitude, leadership roles in your past jobs etc. to go with the flying skills. Apply, do your homework and network with friends! Best of luck.

How about Continental....do they hire without a degree? I am trying to finish my degree on-line as soon as possible. Just afraid I'll miss the boat by the time I get it done.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back