Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Travis152

Hey everyone,
I have question that I hope you all can help me with. I recently purchased the Gleim's Practice Test CD to help prepare for the test. I heard that the questions on the Gleim CD is all of the possible questions on the actual written test, is this true or just a rumor?

Thanks in advance,
Traivs

I've never used Gleim, but i'm pretty sure they'd put all the possible questions on there. You may get a couple new questions that aren't on the CD-ROM.

I know that the book version has all possible questions. I imagine that the CD version would have all of them also. I heard that the FAA was gonna change the questions sometime soon so that the Gleim questions would be simular but not word for word as they are now. I've been away from teaching for over 3 years now so I don't know if that has happened yet or when it will happen or if it is even still planned.

Yes the Gleim software has all the questions on it that you can be asked on the written test.

I used the software extensively thru my flight training, and never got below a 90 on any of my writtens. Even the graphics and answer choices are the same.

Study those and you should be gold!

Travis152 said:
Thats exactly what I was wanting to know, thanks.

Travis
Be sure to verify that no updates exist for the cd version you have. I encountered a few questions that contradicted the book on my latest gleim adventure.

study hard.

I used the Gleim books for every written test I ever took (this was before CD-Roms were around, or the internet, or even computers being common...) I got 100% on every written except my Commercial (missed one question, RTFQ applied)... Go through the info a few times and you will do really well on the written... Remember, the written is really a formality, it doesn't accomplish much if anything at all... But a necessary evil set forth by the "Administrator"...

Good luck!

I too recommend the Gleim software, although it is very spendy. I used it for all of my ratings and I never had a problem with any test. You can create custom study sessions with it. For example, if you are weak on FAR's you can hit just that, and specify how many questions out of the bank to take. For example, the FAR portion of the CFI test has 166 total possible questions. You can also set it up to give you emulations of all the test vendors that are out there(Avtest, CATS, Lasergrade).

Latest resources

Back