• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Student loses $110,000 in student loans to TabExpress

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
at FO wages, one can claim economic hardship, and either defer loan payment or go into forbearance on student loans. I did this, and was able to hold off on my loan payments until I was making an appropriate wage.

And seriously, are we so backwards as a society that we look down upon people who graduate college? So what if someone goes to Embry-Riddle, or UND, or Perdue, or Daniel Webster. These people chose to better themselves and succeeded. I don't look down on someone who went to state school, or graduated with a 2 year degree, because I still see college education as an acheivement to be proud of. It doesn't matter where you go, it matters that you took an opportunity and capitalized upon it.

Last edited:
at FO wages, one can claim economic hardship, and either defer loan payment or go into forbearance on student loans. I did this, and was able to hold off on my loan payments until I was making an appropriate wage.

And seriously, are we so backwards as a society that we look down upon people who graduate college? So what if someone goes to Embry-Riddle, or UND, or Perdue, or Daniel Webster. These people chose to better themselves and succeeded. I don't look down on someone who went to state school, or graduated with a 2 year degree, because I still see college education as an acheivement to be proud of. It doesn't matter where you go, it matters that you took an opportunity and capitalized upon it.

I'm not looking down on a those that get a college degree. I think it's a great accomplishment and excellent that some airlines still look for a four year degree.

What I question is that almost all university flight programs these days have gone to newer age airplanes that cost bundles to fly on top of some schools charging private tuition for a job still paying very, very crap wages in comparison. I think many pilots tend to disregard the real dollar difference between 75 grand, 100 grand, or 150 grand or dare I ask what the max is up to now.

If we consider the supply/demand number of professional pilots as it's effect on current work conditions, it would be the advantage to the profession to see have a revelation that the current model of piss poor wages does not coincide with the realities of the real costs of obtaining a professional education.

I think Mr Palin needed a jimmy hat for his checkbook, just like his sister didn't use. I guess when you "grow up" in dog poo AK, common sense isn't that common.
PBR

Let me get this straight....this guy took out a loan of 120k and let the bank GIVE it to the school?

Whoever posted it was right...."you can't fix stupid"!

WOW!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back