Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Student Arrested After Pilot Uniform Found...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the Oxford english dictionary.

A Squared said:
It is. orientated is an illiterate version of oriented. the extra syllable adds nothing, nor modifies the meaning of the actual word. it is in fact useless. However, if enough people use an incorrect form of a word, eventually dictionaries begin to include it. I'd be willing to bet that you couldn't find "orientated" in a dictionary published 30 years ago.

It really doesn't matter: it's a matter of personal taste. Orientated is currently preferred use in general British use. Oriented is prevalent in technical use, and in the US.

Weasil said:
It really doesn't matter: it's a matter of personal taste. Orientated is currently preferred use in general British use. Oriented is prevalent in technical use, and in the US.

Nah, none of the above. Orientated is what they called it when Northwest dropped the Orient from their name.

Nu

lol! great posts, where can I buy the video? How to act like a captain?
lol, I can't believe they actually sell such videos.

I;m a female not a pilot but i would love to see the video for a good laugh!

The person in question is not legal to be here. Send him home asap.

hAVE A SUPER SATURDAY.

Go red sox!

I beg to differ.

schoolio said:
Are you kidding me? Is this the kind of crap the moderators allow on here?

Many years ago, in a place far far away, my dear old dad told me:

"Son, beware the company of fanatics, for they are generally men without humor:"

If the "politically correct" minions in this or any other country, can convince you to bury your head in the sand and not see or speak of, the obvious stereotypes that exist in the real world right in front of your very nose and that by doing so, this will become a better planet to live on; you are deceiving yourself in the same manner as the people in the fairy tale that said they could see the King's new clothes when, in fact, he was naked as a jaybird.

The different ethnic individuals that get along in "real" life, are the ones that can kid around with one another and take or throw an occasional jab at an obvious feature or mannerism in a humorous way, without running the risk of someone calling the PC Police.

If anyone thinks that forced political correctness builds brotherhood and solidarity instead of suspicion and hate, they are fools.

Thus endeth the lesson; I'm not going to be drawn into any long winded rants about stereotyping or what someone else may or may not think is funny.

If I wanted to argue with somebody, I'd start with the guy(s) who want to argue with Webster's dictionary. :rolleyes: :) :D

Last edited:
schoolio said:
There's no need for junk like that on a message board.
What, are you the assistant manager of needs?

Flylo said:
The different ethnic individuals that get along in "real" life, are the ones that can kid around with one another and take or throw an occasional jab at an obvious feature or mannerism in a humorous way, without running the risk of someone calling the PC Police.

Being politically correct is one thing. I can agree with you about PC going crazy in our current times. But making remarks that refer to one's ethnic/racial background that are or can be construed as derogatory is just a line that should not be crossed. If you want to talk about the bump on someone's nose or this guys small hands or whatever physical trait, whatever, be my guest. Leave race out of it.

When I was in the Army, we used to say that everyone bleeds green - race was not an issue. I'm learning out here in the civilian world that people aren't so nice, don't give a crap about anybody else, and are only in this life for themselves. I was hoping that the profession in which we are engaged would consist of individuals who were above that. Apparently I was wrong.

FN FAL said:
What, are you the assistant manager of needs?

Nope. I'm just of Asian descent. Any other questions there tough guy?

schoolio said:
Nope. I'm just of Asian descent. Any other questions there tough guy?
Yea, what's white and 12 inches long?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Nothing.

Have a Coke and a smile dude, you'll live long and prosper. :D

Oh, and if anyone hasn't mentioned it yet, welcome to the board.

Last edited:
schoolio said:
I'm just of Asian descent. Any other questions there tough guy?

Lighten up, Francis.

I'm sure you wouldn't be all worked up into a frenzy if he had made that sort of comment directed at a different race.

Groundpounder said:
Lighten up, Francis.

I'm sure you wouldn't be all worked up into a frenzy if he had made that sort of comment directed at a different race.

I think his point is why make racial comments at all? To me, when I hear that crap I think somebody either doesn't have much of a sense of humor, is a racist, or most often they are both.

Latest resources

Back