• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Forgive me if this has been asked before but:

Do you still use 'strip rippers' or 'strip stuffers'? My daughter is interested in ATC and needs to take a year off college to establish residency in AZ so I thought getting a job in ATC might be a good thing.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. TC

Very, very minimally. The position is called Air Traffic Assistant. Most were RIF'd (reduction in workforce) out back in the middle 1990s. I have seen a few bids out over the last year (none in AZ) but mostly at centers....and trust me, these are go nowhere positions. Its not considered a controller job in terms of career progression or catagorization. The series number, if you do a search on faa.gov is 2154. By the time she gets hired, if she finds one, she will already have a year residency - the hiring process is painfully slow.

Thanks, atl! Sounds to me like Frank Lorenzo has been running the ATC section of the FAA for the last decade. :rolleyes: TC

Arrgh shucks I thought that 'Strip Rippers' was going to be a more 'interesting' posting .....never mind.....;)

There were three positions open in PHX in the TRACON and Tower, however none of the applicants were selected due to some HR issues...

Latest resources

Back