Strike on HOLD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New2Flying,

If/When the MEC decides that enough is enough they can call for the strike regardless of the fact that negotiations are happening. The negotiators for us answer to our MEC. Right now the MEC is trusting(and rightfully so) in the negotiators and their ability to bring this to a conclusion.

We are still in a holding pattern and waiting just like everyone but the time is getting shorter. Patience is important.

"Negotiations continue with the primary focus on job security and pay. Your MEC is waiting for the next briefing from the ALPA negotiators. Once again, thank you for your patience."

As of 7pm EST

My Guess is what to do about Big Sky has something to do with the moping up of the last fews issues.

I Think MAIR is set aginst them being on our List. and it was one of the bigest strikeable issues for the mesaba pilots

And how much retro pay.

Only guessing But that is my 2 cents

Othello,

You have summed it up nicely. Without getting the Big Sky pilots on our list the contract is ALL smoke and mirrors and our jobs could be gone. It is THE strike issue.

Not that I think it would happen, but let's hope that this doesn't take the same route of Mesa. Rock solid scope and meager improvments that are hardly noticeable in every other area.

Frustrated but hopefull...

FO

Latest resources

Back