Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sydeseet

Huge Member
My airline is on the verge of being released into our cooling off period. We've been at the table for over three years and are still miles apart on rest, compensation, and retirement. The company is playing the usual poor-boy role and the mud slinging & stick swinging is starting to get heated. Memo's are being passed around about how the pilot group could end the airline, there are company-wide voicemails detailing the pending doom and our "unwillingness" to accept an affordable offer, etc... I would like to hear from some people who have been down this road before. Got any good stories about how the company behaved in the final days? Was it all okay in the end? We're standing pretty strong as a group but we do have our dis-believers who are giving in to the rhetoric.

Thanks for any posts!!!!!

If you are a regional and are with ALPA, don't expect alot of support, otherwise, stay together as a group, that is the best you can do until time to vote...Good Luck!!!

Read Flying the Line II. It's a very tough road, but it may be worthwhile. If you sign something crappy, you could end up like Eagle...

Yes,
I went down that road with Comair, and all companys say the same stuff. They say you will drag them down, and the pilots are breaking the company. They will say they will let the company go out of business before they give you what you are asking for. I guess you have to decide whether it's worth it or not. Honestly, the only way you can negotiate with someone is to be willing to walk away. If that means the company goes the way of the Dodo, then that is what you have to do.

Good luck to you, and let us know what happens.

It's all the fault of ALPA and those greedy major airline pilots. There, I said it before Surplus 1 found the thread.

I think you are being a bit paranoid Dragon. Not EVERYTHING is the fault of greedy major airline pilots.

Latest resources

Back