Strange question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes at SLC, LAX, PHX, SAN, and MSP.
No & H*** No at: LAX, SFO, DAL/DFW, and PHX.

Guess it depends on who is working.

SLC had signs at the flight schools requesting GA training traffic avoid the "push" times, when Delta is trying to get out and in. I don't know how the 'new' runways have helped. I was there when 35C was 35L.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

It is not the airspace that would restrict it.

Some large airports have policies totally prohibiting training flights of any kind. You can land there in your Cub, if you like, but you will need to go to the FBO and pay a large landing fee.

I once had a student that had a lot of money and wanted to go into a large Class B airport for kicks, so we did. He thought it was the coolest thing in the world, and I needed the hours, so what the heck!

We were required to do a full-stop taxi-back, since it was fairly busy when we got there.

Not that MCi is all that busy but its possible there most of the time. I did a t n g when I was a student and I thought too that it was super cool to play with the big boys. It was around 7 at night. I do fly into there regularly now but to a full stop. They always request a short approach and to keep my speed up. I know it'll be a fun one going up there.

Latest resources

Back