• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

strange phenomenon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kinda reminds me of the "chemtrails" thing. Guess someone was out driving while using recreational pharmaceuticals.

It could've been Travolta out buzzing the countryside in his 707- he's been known to do that!

Strange Aircraft

It probably was military. If I had to make a guess, a B-1 doing low altitude training. I have seen B-1s flying low over highways similar to what this guy saw. They are dark gray and about the same size as a 707. With the wings swept forward it could very easily appear to be a 707 with no engine pods. I think the guy was seening things on his last encounter, half hour after the first and now after sunset. The only thing that seems odd about this is the location. When I saw B-1s doing this it was in the Idaho dessert by Craters of the Moon national monument, a very sparsly populated area.

The B1 is a good guess. I have to say I've also seen them very low in Arizona (Prescott), wing's forward. They're very quiet if I recall and fit the description that goofy website was talking about.

Reality checks

What you do with pages like this is - Go up to the URL box and edit out the path back to the root of the home page, like this: http://www.monmouth.com/~bcornet/. Or just click on any link titled "home". From the content and tone of the root home page you can usually get a pretty good handle on where the author is coming from, in this case - way out there.

B1

My vote is on the B1, I have seen the B-1's B-52's and F-111's run IR-75 (when it was Active) at 300-600 ft AGL and way over 300+ KIAS for the B-1 and F-111's.

I don't remember did it tell how many cocktails the person or persons were going on?

;)

Smoking Man

hmmm....B1

then how ya explain the photos taken by his camera on the plane's beacons?

Weird...if it was really a whole lot of crap, then why people think of writing up such stuff? fame? how much can one get from it anyway.... :eek:

Sorry reaperman. didn't quite get what you mean there...

Vicar

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back