Stored UAL B757 at SEA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jbDC9

Anyone know if there's a story behind the UA 757 parked at the N cargo ramp at SEA? Engines missing, windows covered, even the tail number is covered over... but why store it there? Methinks Marana, Mojave or Victorville would be a better place to keep it. Just seems kinda weird to me...

Last edited:
That 757's been there for at least a month. I was wondering the same thing. Let me know too.

not sure about UAL. There are a lot more planes that overnight at SEATAC though. I think that the port lowered the cost to park there. There are like three times as many planes at the north and south hard stands now. AA has like 12 planes parked everywhere. We have to taxi around the MD they leave in the taxi way on the south side. It is a parking lot at night now!

Info on the UAL 757 in SEA

I believe there is a huge gash than penetrated the fuselage on the left side of the plane (the side of the plane you cannot see) caused by a catering or cleaning crew truck. Since the 757 is no longer being manufactured, it is going to be awhile before new skin panels from ICT reach SEATAC. I believe the engines were taken off, so that they can be better utilized.

Re: Info on the UAL 757 in SEA

Batman said:
I believe there is a huge gash than penetrated the fuselage on the left side of the plane (the side of the plane you cannot see) caused by a catering or cleaning crew truck. Since the 757 is no longer being manufactured, it is going to be awhile before new skin panels from ICT reach SEATAC. I believe the engines were taken off, so that they can be better utilized.

Jeez, it must have been one hel of a hit if it's been down that long. ATA seems to get pretty serious ramp rash on a frequent basis in MDW and IND.

I'm curious what happened to an American MD-80 that my Dad was on from MIA to ORD last night. They taxiied out and apparently got a stall computer or auto slat fail when they put the flaps down. That took an hour to fix when they got back to the gate, when somebody noticed a huge gash in the fuselage near a service door. Cancel one flight. I told my Dad that's whet he gets when he doesn't fly on ATA, but he was on a tour to Costa Rica and we don't get down there much.

Latest resources

Back