Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RMI

senior stop-lossee
Alright, seems like every 60 days the rumor mill heats up just before the Big Announcement is to come out. Unfortunately, you all can see how much it's actually meant so far. So, here we go again. Can anyone out there actually confirm or deny anything about these rumors?

The latest I've heard is that since they're bringing "all the Guard/Reserve units" back home and de-activating them, stoploss is sure to end in the next 2-3 months. Are they really bringing all the units home? Is everyone really getting de-activated? Is any of this really occuring in the time frame being discussed?

Please...no conjecture....only reply if you really know something.

...the Heat...

Here's all I know/have heard...
1) The Air Staff has been sitting on release of Msg #5... Release should be any day.
2) Sr leaders at my base were called in late last Friday afternoon to sign off a message... Requesting their take on the "impact" to the organization if Stop Loss were to end (at what time specified in the msg I don't know). This must have occurred across the board.
3) AFMC HQ officer assignments folks have said the Chf of Staff wants Stop-Loss ended by 1 Oct.
4) Rumor that 11E's (Test Pilots) may be on the next msg...no word about us 11F types (more than one source could validate that this was the consideration...don't know if the Air Staff accepted it or not).

Don't know if this helps, but keeps things interesting til the msg is released!

Shav'r

Yeah; we've gotten the same "1 Oct" rumor also. Of course, that came in an e-mail from the Sq CC which also said message 5 would be made public "this Friday" (as in June 7).

Something I found interesting is that Instructor Pilots got their AFSC changed within the last few weeks to 11K (trainer pilot), instead of keeping their MWS core AFSC (11A, airlift pilot, in my case). So how's this for a rumor: could it be that the AFSC change was made so non-critical trainer pilots could be released? Hmmm...

My commander told me recently that the news he's getting says stop loss will be over in July. This was the first news I've heard yet with a month attached to it.

"2) Sr leaders at my base were called in late last Friday afternoon to sign off a message... Requesting their take on the "impact" to the organization if Stop Loss were to end (at what time specified in the msg I don't know). This must have occurred across the board. "

The impact to the organizations? YGBSM! Didn't they already say stop-loss wasn't a manning tool? Can't keep the half-truths straight it seems.

stop loss info

This "unofficially" today from a reliable source at MPC:

Good news: In the next two or three weeks, message will release everyone except the cops from stop loss. People will be able to start terminal leave/separate No earlier than 30 days after release of the message. People will be able to establish new separation date up to 150 days in the future if they need.

Bad news: If something should happen around the world in the future which facilitates another stop loss, anyone awaiting their separation date or on terminal leave MAY be back on the stop loss list.

My source was not sure why they are even ending stop loss since many will never taste the fruits of freedom from active duty when oops - I mean should the stop loss be started again. If it is a morale booster it could really backfire if people start selling homes and planning moves only to be brought back.

Cheers

Anyone who had shipped their HHGs was exempt last time, so you can bet that will be the first appointment many make.

As an activated reservist, I hope your information in good, but to be honest, we haven't heard anything about being deactivated early. I can only imagine they wouldn't release the stop loss until the guard and reserve units are deactivated. I do hope I'm wrong, however, and they are setting us up for an early deactivation.

I asked the same question today. Sounds like they plan on having the active duty consolidate the flying and take over for the ANG and reserve. We were questioning where these extra bodies would come from to take on additional missions. There ain't gonna be any attacking Iraq without you guys for dang sure.

Latest resources

Back