Stop extending Nja brothers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you can't fatigue travel duty.

Honest question here...why would you need to fatigue during int'l travel? Is there an underlying safety issue with sitting on a commercial flight? Is that not why you get there a day or two ahead of time? And before you jump me, i do not schedule those trips needing around the world travel.

And before you go thinking that's a wonderful deal, let me tell you that when you airline TO a jet, you don't get DIDLY no matter HOW LONG the duty day is. No hourly overtime, no extended day, zip, zero, nada. And you can't refuse it either. My record is 22 hours of duty to get to Helsinki.

As an added bonus, if the airline flight time is under 10 hours, you get to ride in COACH. Even if the layovers and plane changes push the duty day to 15, 18, 20 hours or whatever.

And you can't fatigue travel duty.

But you're choosing to stay on NJI pay, correct?

extended day code

Could these 98 include those who couldn't get home in time at the end of their week and got home the next day? In some of those cases, it's beyond the control of the pilot and / or company.

Actually it doesn't...

Coding is as follows

Q = Required Day Off (Due to Unrealistic After Midnight Return after 1200L Next Day)

EXT = Extended Day: Voluntary or Guaranteed

102 EXT in November

Last edited:
=7 pilot's jobs. Thanks brothers

Gotta say; I agree..greedy, selfish motherf*ckers. Plain and simple. The union shouldn't have to tell you to not extend or bid 18-day schedules while furloughs are out (even though I know the union wouldn't anyway because they appear to have decided to disown us long ago & generally have no balls).

If any of you greedy d*uchebag extenders ever fly with a recalled furlough, I highly suggest you don't exactly brag about your greediness. You'll have a mouthful of rearranged teeth in a hurry I'd presume.

Honest question here...why would you need to fatigue during int'l travel? Is there an underlying safety issue with sitting on a commercial flight? Is that not why you get there a day or two ahead of time? And before you jump me, i do not schedule those trips needing around the world travel.

Not saying you would need to fatigue on an international airline. I was answering the question before it was asked because there are plenty that would if they could.

@imac

Here's the way it works:

Column A= NJI Pay

Column B= CBA Pay Scale

Column C= True Up "What If" (hourly overtime, holiday, penalty day for after midnight, etc)

If Column B+C exceeds, A, you would get a "true up" check at the end of the year and would be better off switching to CBA pay.

If Column A exceeds Column B+C, you get zip, zero, nada overtime etc. and would be giving the company an interest free loan all year by being on CBA pay.

Anybody with more than about 13 years in at NJI/NJA is in the latter group and their pay has been frozen since October 2010. Column B is slowly rising onnthe YOS chart and someday, B+C will exceed A and we'll all be switched over to CBA pay. Or, better yet, a new contract will be signed that has higher across-the-board pay and all this sillness can go away. Clear as mud?

@rubberducky

If I get paid for going over 18 hours while airlining home, it is indeed coded as an extended day, not an after midnight. Two different things. I had two of those this year. So what appears to be a voluntary "fly an extra day and hump a furloughed pilot" extended day, really isn't.

Last edited:
Gotta say; I agree..greedy, selfish motherf*ckers. Plain and simple. The union shouldn't have to tell you to not extend or bid 18-day schedules while furloughs are out (even though I know the union wouldn't anyway because they appear to have decided to disown us long ago & generally have no balls).

If any of you greedy d*uchebag extenders ever fly with a recalled furlough, I highly suggest you don't exactly brag about your greediness. You'll have a mouthful of rearranged teeth in a hurry I'd presume.

If the Union made such a statement it could be construed as an illegal job action. It would be highly likely that NJ would take NJASAP to court given they sued over the internal trademark Intellijet (and lost by the way). It is not likely NJ would lose the job action suit though.

Should not say things you have no intention of following through with. Actually do what you threaten you would be out on your keester faster than NJ files lawsuits and be out of the industry as a felon. What good would that do, make you feel better?

If the Union made such a statement it could be construed as an illegal job action. It would be highly likely that NJ would take NJASAP to court given they sued over the internal trademark Intellijet (and lost by the way). It is not likely NJ would lose the job action suit though.

Should not say things you have no intention of following through with. Actually do what you threaten you would be out on your keester faster than NJ files lawsuits and be out of the industry as a felon. What good would that do, make you feel better?

How am I threatening anything?! Please read the last sentence again carefully. (Last two words in particular)

Actually it doesn't...

Coding is as follows

Q = Required Day Off (Due to Unrealistic After Midnight Return after 1200L Next Day)

EXT = Extended Day: Voluntary or Guaranteed

102 EXT in November

Are they coded this way for those Gut mentioned were on the old NJI schedule(s) as well? Regardless, the 102 number is minute compared to the amount of duty days worked by everyone for the month. It would be interesting to know what the reasoning was for the few that occurred. Last day return from Hawaii, etc, etc. I'd just hate to see you guys pointing fingers at each other.

My guess is either flights are being improperly coded or they ask if someone could extend when there was no way to get them home and they "voluntarily" agreed.

Latest resources

Back