• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop extending Nja brothers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One easy way to track this going forward, it seems, would be to work into the future CBA that ANY revenue-producing flight on behalf of NJA (which includes contracted sell-offs) MUST carry the call-sign "ExecJet". Then it would be a matter of easily scanning flight aware.com on a frequent basis for any "ExecJet" call sign which is not a QS.

Is that even legal? Aren't call signs assigned to the operator?

One easy way to track this going forward, it seems, would be to work into the future CBA that ANY revenue-producing flight on behalf of NJA (which includes contracted sell-offs) MUST carry the call-sign "ExecJet". Then it would be a matter of easily scanning flight aware.com on a frequent basis for any "ExecJet" call sign which is not a QS.

1) There is no letter of agreement in place with ATC outside of North America for the use of the "ExecJet" call sign. Registration numbers must be used for most international operations.

2) Each and every Part 135 operator that NetJets uses would have to establish a letter of agreement with ATC to use the ExecJet callsign. Since a Travel Management Hawker is neither owned nor operated by NetJets, ATC would never issue such an LOA.

I understand your frustration. But as Gunfyter pointed out, there is no easy way to defeat the company's sell off strategy.

Is that even legal? Aren't call signs assigned to the operator?

I assumed this was possible because of this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Z11L29BlA

It was scabs flying an international flight with "Spirit Wings" callsign in A/C type other than on certificate. Perhaps it's different because it's a 121 sked flt. ?

There's gotta be some other way then, perhaps, to accurately track selloffs other than taking NJA's "word".

Of course in a perfect and "just"/"fair" world, every pilot from XYZ charters who is knowingly assigned a selloff trip would bang in sick with the knowledge that even 1 NJA pilot is furloughed out of solidarity. I know we don't live in a perfect world.

Last edited:
Perhaps even to uncle Warren himself, to make sure his minions don't run interference. I get the impression that he doesn't tolerate shenanigans like this at any of his companies.

Actually, despite his "aw, shucks" public persona, I have come to the inescapable conclusion that Uncle Warren not only tolerates shenanigans that benefit the bottom line, but he implicitly or explicitly encourages them. Although he is a HUGE social leftist and Obama supporter, he LOATHES unions.

Latest resources

Back