• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back to the top!!!

I dont know where the count is but we could be knocking on 11

Figures lie and liars figure.

MetJets loves figures....

"Officially" the count is 10 so far....

Unofficially, they exceeded 11 some time ago....

NJASAP should have spent more time and resources figuring out a way to track this stuff better... They've had 4 years to figure out a way.

As far as I can tell they rely on:

1) Pilots on the road "noticing" a sell-off

2) the company "not lying" about it...As if people actually believe the company can't figure a way to make the numbers work in their favor...

Instead NJASAP spends more time and resources on bylaw referendums, votes, polls, internal bitching, government affairs etc etc etc..

Here is my conspiracy theory on how they can always not have 11 days of selloffs:

On days when demand is marginally high but they believe with no glitches all flights could be handled internally ... when possibility of sell off comes on one of those days... Sales can act as a charter broker. "Don't use your share time for this trip ... it would be better for you to charter and save your card time or share time for another trip/day.

So they sell an EJM charter and it never gets recorded as a selloff because it never reduced the time on a card or share.

Thats my theory because otherwise I do not know how they can possibly have not sold off on more than 11 days this past quarter. I also believe EJM sales and NJ sales may have combined staff.

I don't know if there is any way to defeat this strategy

There is not. That is why they keep doing it. It is also why DS wanted to renegotiate the sell off clause. Then the union stonewalled him on that. DS actually said if they did not it would destroy nja. Then all of a sudden he dropped it and sell offs have not even been close since. Why do you think that is. Not to mention our weak d-ck union will do nothing anyways they have a volunteer in a non existent part of our union tracking it. On that part if the union is called the FWG.

There is not. That is why they keep doing it. It is also why DS wanted to renegotiate the sell off clause. Then the union stonewalled him on that. DS actually said if they did not it would destroy nja. Then all of a sudden he dropped it and sell offs have not even been close since. Why do you think that is. Not to mention our weak d-ck union will do nothing anyways they have a volunteer in a non existent part of our union tracking it. On that part if the union is called the FWG.

Pretty much sums it up....

I knew the sell-off clause wouldn't be worth it's weight in paper when NJASAP was soliciting pilots to report suspicious activity at FBO's.

Or when Union guys would come to the furlough side saying things like, "Don't worry, the company wouldn't dare lie, it would cost them too much in grievance litigation"... yeah, because grieving sell off lies (which can't really be proven anyways) and then waiting 6 months or more to go to arbitration always works in the pilots favor:laugh:

Anyway, I wouldn't be too disappointed when sell-offs equal 10 (or 11) but fall short of the magic #12.....

One easy way to track this going forward, it seems, would be to work into the future CBA that ANY revenue-producing flight on behalf of NJA (which includes contracted sell-offs) MUST carry the call-sign "ExecJet". Then it would be a matter of easily scanning flight aware.com on a frequent basis for any "ExecJet" call sign which is not a QS.

Latest resources

Back