Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Avolar

In response to Markos' question, Yes I have come to know the
firloughed guys..all a real good bunch, were all havinga blast, and real excited to be here. The one thing that we all have in common is prior 50 exp, and typed, or prior corp. exp. I understand with all the resumes on file from furloughed guys, that a VERY small fraction are being considered because of the lack of the afformentioned restrictions.

I hope this answers a few questions....Gman..

Thanks Gumby,

We sure like all the info you have shared with us. Good to hear it is a blast and hopefully they start interviewing more crews in the coming new year.

Merry Christmas and good luck at your new home.

Boz

Thank you very much for the info Gumby, and good luck with Avolar. My background is 91(non corporate) and 121 so I guess I won't be joining the party. Probably just as well, I wouldn't know what to do with that much money, my unemployment checks keep my budget much more in line! Have fun!

recent article on avolar

USA Today had an article on Avolar (12/18/01) It was not very informative as far as pilots are concerned, however, it did mention that it was currently seeking (or was in negotiations with) some possible investors. That in the end UAL will or could be a minority share holder in Avolar. This may explain Bombardier's intrest...look at Cessna and TAG??.....Anyhow, its just a thought.

Gumby,

Are you saying that ALL of the pilots hired so far are Falcon 50 typed ? Any brand new types in the bunch ? Have all of you flown captain on the Falcon 50 on domestic and international trips ?

Just curious, having flown the Gulfstream II & III along with the Falcon 10, I am wondering if "similar" corporate experience will suffice ? Could come in really handy in March for me.

Any idea when the first Gs arrive ? What is the first few aircraft that are expected to arrive and will all of you get typed in those prior to them showing up or will they bring on more folks that are experienced and typed to fly them ? Will the Falcon 50s then go away ? I have seen the orders to date, pretty impressive, I would think at some point they will take pilots with prior experience but not necessarily a type rating.

I know that you are getting a bunch of questions, I appreciate what you have shared to date. Tell some of the UAL 15 about this site and see if they would be interested in helping out some fellow furloughees or furloughees to come.

Thanks,

Avolar

P3 Dubbie....
With respect to the originial bunch of guys that have bben hired, it was a 50/50 spread on typed/non-typed. All had prior corp.exp.in one form or another.

The first G-4's are in completion, and will arrive by May. I'm pretty sure they will go out and look for prior "G" folks. If you are a furloughed cat, and with prior "G" experience, I would think you would have a leg up. I honestly dont know how the seniority issue with regard to giving it up, will unfold. The new 50EX's will arrive around the same time frame, to replaced the leased ones.

I hope this helps out some...G

Airbus staffing

Gumby,

thanks for the inside info.
Have you heard anything about how they
plan to staff the Airbus.?

Hey Gumby,

Thanks for the info. Have you started flying any clients yet ? The artical in USA Today stated that there are 12 or so clients so far, hope that number climbs dramatically with all of the planes coming. How about part 91 vs 135, what is the mix ?

What kind of travel benies are you guys getting and do they move you around on United's mainline ? I have heard that you can live where you like, this would give the idea that Avolar pilots can pass travel on UAL ? That or they are given actual confirmed reservations, positive space ? Any concentration on where the clients are coming from or is it spread evenly around the country ? How about international flying, doing any of that yet ? Thanks in advance, we really appreciate you taking the time to fill us in on what you can.

Boz,

From what I have seen, the Airbus A 320s will be only flown by UAL mainline pilots. It was even confirmed in the same USA Today artical, that is to say only as reliable as any other news artical. Stuart Oran was quoted anyway. I think these A320s will be tough sells, the BBJ has been very successful despite it's early projections. They now have something like 100+ sold and of those I thing about half are flying with the rest in works ??? How many big biz jets can the market support ? I also think that this flying will go somewhat junior based on what attitudes have been like for UAL starting Avolar. Not too many can see past the bag slinging issue, boy are they wrong ! Corporate can be a lot of fun ! Anyway, I hope that the A320s will create additional need thus stemming the reduction of pilots at UAL. Maybe we will need to bring people back ! Hope so anyway. 15 airplanes create quite a few jobs. Do you have other info suggesting that UAL pilots will not fly them ?

Take care,

Jeff

P-3,

I really think the Airbus Corp jets will be flown by mainline UAL pilots, just have not heard anything from the MEC or LEC regarding this issue. Other than that, I'm as curious as the next guy as to how this is going to play out.

Personally, I think UAL might be onto something here. As a pilot I think it would be awesome to have the opportunity to fly mainline UAL routes and the excitement of corporate flying.

Happy Holiday's and fly safe!

Boz

Avolar

Well, lets see where to start!!!
The A-319's will be staffed by the UAL mainline guys..
Avolar will be obtaining its 121 before too long,
on the Legacy. I know there are some IntL, trips coming up, and so far we are doing a bunch of prospective owner trips. So, things are looking up....

Alot of the benefits, such as travel privs' etc, are still be
ironed out!! I'm hoping alot of the benefits will mirror UAL's!!

Thats it for now kids..Gumby out!!!

Latest resources

Back