• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Steve Chase Going?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice spin....why don't you let the pilots of SWA determine what they think would have been "enough for us"!!! You keep trying to make the case that you guys were treated so poorly and got such a raw deal. Maybe you can sell that to the casual observer, but not to us.

You liked CK....hah....that shows how much you know about what really goes on over here. Why don't you keep to the AT side until you come over and actually learn about our dirty laundry. Have a nice day!
Hey, I was just responding to Scoreboard.

I was there, watched what SWA management did, and although I don't blame him for how things went down, I also don't see how he could have helped you guys achieve more, which is why I asked the question.

One of YOUR guys said he's being run out because "he didn't do enough for SWA pilots". I'm just asking what he meant by that.

And FYI, you ask any other airline if they think it's fair that, when the dust settles, not one, single, solitary Captain will keep their seat, even our #1 guy, when we were a solvent, non-bankrupt, profitable carrier, I'm pretty sure the words "raw deal" might get mentioned.

Just a thought.

I think there is alot more angst about SC in other areas instead of just saying he could have done more.

Lack of/Poor communication. Pet projects. Increases in the budget. Your either with me or against me leadership. The list goes on and on.

Most of it has nothing to do with the Airtran integration at all. Just my two cents.

"Has there ever been a case of a merger/acquisition between two solvent, unionized major airlines flying comparable aircraft types where a pilot group did better than the SW pilots did here (or worse than the AT pilots did)? I don't see what more could possibly have been expected of him"

I'll be short and sweet...he gave the AT guys our seniority. The only blessed thing we had to get from this deal, and he let our mgt give it away. The month I'm supposed to upgrade in 2028 didn't even change...for crying out loud.

He couldn't see that when a car salesman says, "take this deal, or you'll never get another one like it," all he had to do was head for the parking lot, and they would come running after him. There was NO WAY SWA mgt was going to let this go to arbitration, but he caved any way.

I expected him to know better...and I expected that when he said, "We have no more seniority to give," he would mean it.

This is one of the many reasons he will be gone.

Hey, I was just responding to Scoreboard.

I was there, watched what SWA management did, and although I don't blame him for how things went down, I also don't see how he could have helped you guys achieve more, which is why I asked the question.

One of YOUR guys said he's being run out because "he didn't do enough for SWA pilots". I'm just asking what he meant by that.

And FYI, you ask any other airline if they think it's fair that, when the dust settles, not one, single, solitary Captain will keep their seat, even our #1 guy, when we were a solvent, non-bankrupt, profitable carrier, I'm pretty sure the words "raw deal" might get mentioned.

Just a thought.

But YOUR mec turned down a first offer where your captains could keep there seats if seniority could hold it.

But YOUR mec turned down a first offer where your captains could keep there seats if seniority could hold it.

The only catch was that the first deal gave us worse seniority, so less people would have kept their seats.

True. Too much politics on our side of the house which is par for the course with our union. They lost the trust of the pilot's with their petty in-fighting and childish antics. Hence the result.
However, both deals came from SWA the second deal as an ultimatum.
We, both sides, should not have let that happen. The seniority list should have been a decision between the pilots without the interference of SWA.
But here we are and we have to live with it.
The real shame here is the rift between the pilot groups and the blame lies squarely with SWAPA and SWA. I don't know what, if anything, can be done to repair that fence or is it partition?

Latest resources

Back