Staying Military

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Semore Butts

I stayed in the military place (DSSC), and in the Candlewood Suites on my last night.
If you stay DSSC, make d@mn sure you get a suite (unless you are a true Spartan, or you miss walking down the hall at night to do your business). Phone number is (614) 692-4758, Lina Canterbury is very nice and will do her best to accomadate.
The "Golf Club" is right down stairs, as is the "Barber Shop", (and Beauty Parlor). Amber Boch on draft, 24 ounce glass $ 2.45 at all times.
Basic cable. Driving range across the street, and you live on the golf course.
You may at times be the only one in the building during the week. A regular room is $25.00 per night, a Suite is $30.00. Small fridge with a micro wave included.
There were only 5 guys in my class, so I was a bit lonely at DSSC.
Candlewood Suites is very new, clean, full fridge, premium cable, nice kitchenette. Cost about $20.00 dollars more per night. I paid for 17 days total (10 indoc, 7 aircraft checkout) so I saved about $340.00 bucks at DSSC.
It just depends on how strapped for cash you are I guess.
LAst comment, "really, if you can't get a suite", I'd lay out the $340.00" ( buy the way that's approximate, I don't really remember what the weekly rate was because I only stayed the last night).

Take care,

Latest resources

Back