Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avi8tr

Hey guys,

Well like many of you I'm still applying and looking for the perfect regional job. I had a great interview with ALG a few weeks ago but was put off in favor of more qualified furloughees.

So in the mean time what to do. Well apply to as many companies as possible. For me it was Comair, Skywest, Piedmont, and American Eagle.(By the way, if any one has any tips on how to get my resume to the right people etc...)I am also trying to get on flying 135 charter again. I have even offered some rich folk's here in SEA to copilot free in their PC12 and King Air 200. I just want to stay in the cockpit anyway I can. Renting multi time is just too expensive if you can't find anyone to share expenses.

And finally, stay current with the books. What I also do when I can't fly for real, I fly my simulator (MicroSoft sim 2000 pro edit) I practice ILS, and VOR approachs, as well as keep up my scan. Believe or not, it really does help with your real flying. It is a phenomenal product.

Also ASA has a CD rom for practice exam (ATP written) that you can study anywhere. I just load up the REG's section and it gives me 100 questions, and it tells me if I get it right/wrong. This is how to stay ready for that next opportunity. It is very competitive now, and you got to do everything you can.

Your friend,

Av8ter

Here are two suggestions: Go to your local community college and take an English composition class. Your post is painful to read. I suspect your cover letters and resume's need help.

Second, get the highest paying job you can find. You'll need some savings. The pay is miserable at most regionals.

Furloughee.

Response to Macdaddy

Hey guy,

What's with the insults, this is supposed to be a fun and informative site. I'm just making a few suggestions that some might find helpful. Although I do want to change one thing I said. It was a mistake for me to to say "I would be willing to fly for free". I'm looking for charter work that would allow me to get paid a decent wage.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be up to your standards MacDaddy, (mmmmm, MacDaddy?,what does that name conjure up?) next time time just don't read my posts so it won't be so painful for you.

Your friend,

Av8ter

Latest resources

Back