Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ParrotheadGTI

Critter
Falcon Aviation Academy in Peachtree City, GA (KFFC)

They call themselves a part 141 school, but I received MAYBE 3 hours of ground training in the time I was there, no set syllabus. What's really sad is the fact that I learned more in the first 3 days of ground school here, than in the entire time I was at Falcon. The school is owned by the former VP of flight operations at ASA. I paid nearly $8000 for a self-paced PPL program. After a period of time in which it took my instructor over a month to return my call about getting time to fly, I found another flight school to go to. As soon as the owner of Falcon Aviation found out that I was leaving to go to another school, I received 3-4 calls and messages from him. When I spoke with him on the phone, he stated that his school was "much better" than the one I am now attending, and told me I would "never work for his company" if I didn't get my ratings at Falcon. He was all enthusiastic about trying to keep my money in his school. I had already paid a deposit for the new school so I politely declined. I then called a few days later for a refund on the money in my account, and was told that a check would be mailed to me in 7-14 business days. 14 business days went by and no check. I called the school and was told that the president of the company put a stop to my refund. I then tried contacting the president, but was sent to his voicemail. Several voicemails have been left, but he will not call me back. My advice to anyone looking at this school is to either A) NOT GO THERE, B) don't leave a large amount of money in your account, they WILL not give it back if you leave there to go to another (better) school. Watch out for these guys, they are scam-artists.

cliff notes- Falcon Aviation Academy is a huge rip-off.

you can find them on the web at http://www.falconaviationacademy.com

Last edited:
This flight school has had troubles for the last 10 years now....several different names and owners, same shady operation. I think the guy who owns it now was just a chief pilot at ASA, but I'm not certain. Either way I know for a fact that the bank once called in the note on all of their airplanes and they've had their share of incidents/accidents.

I wouldn't go near the place either.........though it should be said that my dealings with that school are 10 years old, it just has a shaky foundation. And I've heard some of the promises and seen the carrot dangling there for years. It's always been B.S.

ASA management might be interested to know how one of their employees is associating his side business with their company.

I don't think this guy works at ASA anymore. Retired.

little advice - be very suspicious of schools that want money up front. People have lost tens of thousands that way.

Tell that little short bas##rd to give your money back.

I agree, don't be afraid to tell the little napoleon in question to get bent. Don't let him bully you around. I was done with that school when he came around, but he always had this "I've got something you need" attitude. Screw him.

Oh, yeah, CALL THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU and explain.

I hate little turds like this...the very fact that he threatened you with never working for him makes me want to slap him around a little for you.

Latest resources

Back