• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stay Away From Amerijet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If You Type Your Message In Caps, When You Post It It Will Capitalize The First Letter Of Each Word.
Believe Me I Am Not Very Good At Typing To Complicate It In Such A A Way

Wow Its Actually A Lot Harder To Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word Than I Thought. That Must Have Taken A Lot Of Effort To Type. I Know This Did.

Actually, he typed in all caps, like a screaming idiot, but the software changes it and leaves just the first letter capitalized.

I think we need a thread for Scumbag Freight Outfit Hall of Fame. Send in your nominations along with examples of why your company deserves special recognition.

iT iS eveN hardeR tO typE wordS witH thE lasT letteR capitalizeD. BotH SoutherN anD AmerijeT sucK. dO yourselF A favoR anD gO tO NetjetS, DeltA or upS iF yoU havE thE ballS tO applY anD actuallY dO somethinG vS. jusT complaininG.

GooD daY y'alL...

Hey guys, I am not complaining, it was just my way of letting other pilots become aware of the situation as I know it. Sorry if I offended anyone, and yes my resume is on file in all the companies you mentioned and many more, like most of us.
Lets quit insulting each other and provide helpful information instead. I wish you the best at Global Express or wherever you end up.

All that FreightDog is saying is true and I would like to add a few facts. There have been contract negotiations between the Teamsters and management but they have been put on hold, nobody knows for how long. Management is not willing to negotiate because pay is adequate and the schedules are descent(I don't think so nor the pilot group thinks so, since we are one of the if not THE lowest paid 727 crewmembers). People are leaving in record numbers but management does not seem to care. This has to be one of the most unprofessional outfits that I have worked with. Some crewmembers have a complete disregard for rules and standard procedures. You have a whole bunch of manuals but sometimes they contradict each other. And one rumor I heard recently is that the owner of the company might close it down, establish the compnay in another country, register the airplanes there, and hire crews from that country and pay them peanuts and work them like slaves. I don't know how this outfit is going to hold on if the crews keep on leaving.

What's the pay? QOL? Bases etc. Days off?

Pay, Crappy; QOL, NONE; Bases, FLL or suitcase; Days off, NONE or if you are lucky when they said you had a day off.

I worked there in the late 80's and I see it hasn't changed a bit. They make Evergreen look real good.

Wet Dream!

I ran into an Amerijet pilot recently, and asked how are things there, and he said not "not bad, we're looking to get 767's next year":puke:

Myself and the other individuals that were with me had a good laugh afterwards, when this guy left.

The 767 rumor is dead. Apparently it is too expensive still for them. Well, it does not surprise me, since they are a bunch of cheapskates to begin with. They are going to attend the two job fairs that are scheduled to take place this month in Miami. I'm sure that they will be the comic relief, since almost nobody will visit their booth.

I worked there in 2003 and it has to be the worst place I have ever been. I went active duty with my guard squadron just to get away from them. The chief pilot is a scumbag and some of the senior line captains are worse than the middle eastern captains I flew with in Jordan. Sounds like it's still the same there. My last month there I flew over 68 hours but was only paid for 48 hours as they docked me 5 hours a day for a 4 day military drill weekend. Even when I told them 3 months in advance I needed that time off. I see they are still up to the same tricks. Hell if Bassett and the rest of the scumbags moved to an offshore country it would be a blessing.

Latest resources

Back