• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stay at SWA or go to UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go run as fast as you can. It is much more fun flying with UPS pilots. Its even better working for a company that is 50% management pilots so they have a built in strike breaking group on the property.

Both are good companies. I don't think you could make a mistake on that choice. I have flown cargo, and liked it, but life is very different there. You usually hang out in a remote part of the airport, without restaurants, flying at strange hours and you don't see many people. With the internet, cargo is very stable and UPS is an excellent company. Of course, so is SWA. I think I would stick with the bird in the hand.

I also have a friend at UPS, and he has been through three training events in his first year. What a great way to get through probation! Anyway, these days, any airline you go to could be the best thing ever, or the next one to go under. Who knows. Personally, I would pick SWA.

Good luck.

What works best for your QOL? Will one or the other enable you to live in base, if that's important. What are your interests?

With UPS, you potentially will have quite a bit of different flying all over the world. Not much variety at SWA.

But certainly nothing to get too worked up over till you have a class date.

good luck

What ever decsion you make you will know in 5-10 years if you made the right choice. Remeber the SWA guys who left for UAL/DAL/NWA/AAL in 2001?

I have very little time at SWA and offered UPS interview. If hired what do you think

The fact that you posted this in LCC/Nationals proves that you are a poser and that this is nothing but flame. Sierra-Tango-Foxtrot-Uniform!

The fact that you posted this in LCC/Nationals proves that you are a poser and that this is nothing but flame. Sierra-Tango-Foxtrot-Uniform!

SW is a LCC/National. What is the big deal. I think he is serious and not flame baiting.

I had a friend that was in a similar situation - stay at CAL or go to UPS.

He took UPS.

If you leave SWA for UPS, be prepared for a corporate culture shock.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back