• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

F/O

Smells like....
Hi all

I'm interested in getting on at Skywest. Being from the PDX area, I am wondering what the status of the base is. I understand it has been drawn down over recent months, and of course the shaky UAL situation isn't helping.

I do know that Skywest reducing their schedule here has done Horizon a huge favor. My guess is that Skywest could support a CRJ base here no problem, if they are able to do their own flying independently of UAL.

Any input appreciated....

I heard a few years ago SkyWest was hammering Horizon in the Pac NW but for some reason UAL pulled most of our ops out much to the pilots' dismay.

There has been quite a bit of transition recently and PDX, which was formerly the most senior base, was last heard possibly available to newhire pilots after 1-2 months.

As far as SkyWest going it alone with at-risk flying up there, I have no idea if management wants to make that big of a move, but I'd love to see it because I know a ton of pilots that would ove to move up there...

Have you applied at Horizon? Seems like that's the airline to work for if you want to live in the Northwest. PDX is just one of many domiciles for SKy West. I think PDX is a pretty major hub for Horizon thus not likely to go away unless the whole airline does.

Latest resources

Back