Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sweptback

Guess that wasn't solid
I'm no expert on labor law or union proceedings, but I know some on this board are. What I'm wondering is what will happen to the state of the ASA contract in negotiations?

Would SkyWest be within their right to say at the next negotiation session, "We didn't agree to any of this so in our eyes this is all null and void"? Or does SkyWest by buying ASA assume the current state of the negotiations, and the items that are currently TA'd or mutually agreed upon stay agreed upon?

Does our union even have a reason to go to any sessions scheduled until the ASA/SkyWest sale is complete?

Its funny, and embarrassing that there is NOT ONE WORD about this sale or any of it ramifications on our ALPA website!!! WTFO!!??!!

sweptback said:
I'm no expert on labor law or union proceedings, but I know some on this board are. What I'm wondering is what will happen to the state of the ASA contract in negotiations?

Would SkyWest be within their right to say at the next negotiation session, "We didn't agree to any of this so in our eyes this is all null and void"? Or does SkyWest by buying ASA assume the current state of the negotiations, and the items that are currently TA'd or mutually agreed upon stay agreed upon?

Does our union even have a reason to go to any sessions scheduled until the ASA/SkyWest sale is complete?

Things continue in AVL next week. Business as usual with a slight change in direction.

Latest resources

Back