St. Simons Island

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gear_guy

KSSI. Got a trip there this weekend. Anyone know where to stay? And what to do there besides the usual beach thing.

For dining and entertainment, just go to Pier Village just south of SSI (where the lighthouse is). St. Simons is a great place, but there ain't much to it. Everything you need will be right there in the village. There's a good crab/seafood restaurant just north of there, but I can't remember the name...Crabdaddy's maybe?

You can go mansion shopping on Sea Island too.

I will be there as well this weekend. I think I have a drop off Fri afternoon and a pickup Sun. afternoon. Not to much to do. THe restaurant he's talking about is the Crab Trap. Great fired seafood, you will need a bypass after dinner though. Brodgen's is right by the pier, also a spot where the locals hang out. Avoid murphys at the end of the village. A little rough biker type bar, not dangerous, just a little rowdy. I used to live in SS so ask away. Some very good looking local girls in the area if thats what your looking for.

I have heard that Barbara Jean's is a fine place to get some Shi Crab Soup (no idea if I spelled that right)

Gnat's Landing in Redfern Village off Frederica Rd. Never had a bad meal there. Barny's Big Red Barn is overrated.

They are right about Barbara Jeans. The Blue Water Cafe down the street is good also, but a bit expensive.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back