• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

St. Martin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i heard that the dutch side is cheaper than the french side.

there's a ferry and flights to nearby st barts.

good sandwiches in the airport.

i once flew a 100 homing pigeons to the little french airport. bets were placed in puerto rico as to which birds would make it back (to pr)

St Maartin is a geat place. Stay at Maho's - crew rate is $120 last time I was there. You dont really need a handler however life is really easier with one. There are a number of restaurants and bars near mahos and some have absolutely fantastic food.
Hopefully you will be down there for the full moon- March 18. There is a full moon party on the north side of the island that should NOT be missed!!!! Flying down is a piece of cake controllers are good but like some others said, it can be busy near the island. Also if you have the time go to Saba

Have fun
Cappy

Wow thanks for all the responses.

I finished setting everything up today. Just an FYI to anyone else who may need it...The "FBO" has a crew rate of $120+ 21% at the Maho. After doing an on-line search, we decided to stay at the Royal Palm Beach Club. It's a 2 king bed\2 full bath\full kitchen\1100 sq feet, on the beach, timeshare on the Dutch side (just down from the airport), for $200 a night that we will share. Looks like a nice place and the extra $300 bucks I'll make on per diem will be well spent on Island activities :)

Rental car is a bit spendy but the boss said "get yourself a convertible" so we opted for a Jeep @ $75 a day.

I'll skip the handler, a phone call to Arrindale took care of everything. Good people..even made a follow up call to make sure we had rooms. It sounds like MS will take care of everything except the departure tax ($20 per person)

Planning on lots of pics so I'll throw some up when we get home.

To everyone else working next week...I'll be thinking of ya! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back