St Louis corporate/135

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Busflyer

I am currently flying an A320 for a part 121 carrier...however I have always thought that I would like the corporate world better and I am looking in the STL area. I have some big jet time, but I also have about 500 hrs in a corporate c421. Any leads or advice on jobs in the STL area would be appreciated. Charter work would be OK for now to get more corporate type experience. The only charter company I have found at the moment is Aero Charter out of SUS and plan on going there next week to try and drop a resume(any info on them would be great)

Good luck in the St. Louis market. This place is flooded with furloughed TWA guys with plenty of experience and thousands of hours. It never hurts to try but for one that has been beating on doors for two years I can tell you that it is very competitive here. Good luck

With a low TT like that(trust me, 2500 is VERY low for the corporate world), you are up for some fierce competition. The fact that you have large jet time probably won't mean much to corporate operators unless it is PIC time. If you're looking ONLY for the STL area, you will probably not get any interviews or offers. If you are willing to go to other areas, you stand a decent chance at an SIC position with some corporate operators.

Of course, most of corporate is who you know....so if you know the right people, you're in...if not...well....you get the picture...

Send a resume to JetCorp out of Spirit. They fly Lear 55's and 60's.

Thanks, I'll check out jetcorp...I figured 2500 is low for most corporate jobs...however I figure it's worth a try...the 121 world is overrated in my opinion:)

2500 hours isn't THAT bad...If you are willing to get out there and pound the pavement and make some good contacts, you won't have that much trouble. 3000 hours is what most want for capt. You aren't that far...I have gotten job offers with less than that. I can't speak for the STL market but its all about marketing yourself as a competent, easy to get along with, hard working, pilot.

I don't know about everyone else, but I would rather fly with a 3000 hour pilot who works hard and is easy to get along with than a 20000 hour pilot who thinks he is God's gift to aviation and takes advantage of every opportunity to prove it.

Like most things in life...its all about attitude.

Latest resources

Back