• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sprint

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That sucks. I did a phone interview with them a year and a half or so ago and they were talking about airplanes to get them to Japan and back non-stop.

Who wants to take bets on whether or not they've bought a NetJet share yet? The pampered class isn't going to ride coach on the airlines out of MCI.

Oh...you can guarantee that they bought a fractional or will be chartering heavily. There's no way that the company (or their board) would allow the CEO to travel from Kansas City to Japan on the airlines.

This is just another example of how the fractional side of business aviation is costing many people their jobs. I'm surprised that NBAA hasn't publicly critisized fractionals from their low handed business practices.

There will be a time...in the near future that I am sure the Sprint CEO will really miss the professionalism and experience he had in the flight department that he closed....just to save a few pennies when looking at the big picture. Instead he will have to hear his fractional pilots gripe about their union contract, or lack of 3 crew meals at the appointed hour, or how they got screwed by the airlines in their past job.

I'm sorry, costing jobs? Apples to apples, fractionals employee more pilots per plane than 99% of part 91 flight departments.

That said I'd take a high paying corporate gig in a minute if I could leave my current homestead.

And that CEO will never hear the topics you propose, coming from the pilots. All they hear from pilots is "hello sir" and "have a nice day sir".

Latest resources

Back