Sprint firing 3 & hiring 3?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avoidingmyboss

I can't find a word about this job opening at Sprint. But threw the grape vine I heard that Sprint has recently fired 3 pilots and I don't know why. I also heard that they replacing those 3 pilots and they are selling their global express. Does anyone else have any more info? Why the pilots were fired are they hiring and is it a happy place?

If they all got caught wrongdoing the company, then it would be deserved, correct?

Most people get fired for a reason.

I don't care what the reason is, that kind of upheaval isn't normally joined with well wishes and good feelings...

Rough waters affect EVERYBODY, trust me... Been there, done that....... Sometimes departments have to go through periods of change and adjustment. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not. In either case it AIN'T pretty or enjoyable no matter what side of it you're on. If this rumor's true I hope it works out for the best.

No, but I'm from the Southeastern IN area and LOVE Montgomery Inn ribs. Never miss an opportunity to stop in... I lived in Cincy for about a year though too...

If this is actually true....one has to go pretty far to get "fired" from a large company these days...pretty far.

Sprint...

has always been a little odd, they let their chief pilot, Jon Ellis, go because he went to the mat with the CEO one too many times about trying to get flight attendants onboard their flights for passenger safety.

GV

no flight attendants aboard a Global??

there's safety for ya...

just what I want, pax cooking for themselves in back...

:eek: :eek:

just what I want, pax cooking for themselves in back...
[/B]

Tell me about it!!

We don't have FA's either and I completely disagree with that but its what the bosses want. You'd think with two aircraft that flew a combined 2200+ hours last year that they would understand the importance of having an FA for at least the international trips. (Which is about 50-60% of our flying)

I sure hope they're not expecting me to be giving them chest compressions or zapping 'em with the "defib" while the other guy executes an emergency divert with an approach to mins
single piloted, 'cause "IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN".

Sure would hate to have to tell his widow, Sorry ma'am but you know that FA you didn't want him to have. Well she/he would've known exactly what to do because we send them for professional training every year. Please tell me where we can send the flowers.

wind up pulling up to the ramp and a cold, pasty white CEO sitting in his chair...

or choking on a filet somewhere around 30 West....

whatcha gonna do?

F/A's are not there just for convenience. I wish folks would realize this!!

Oh well....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back