Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Steve

Curtis Malone
Anyone purchase the new Sporty's glider DVD. I am looking to do my Comm Glider add on and CFI-G sometime in the near future.

Steve said:

Steve,

What is the title of the CD? I just bought a DVD titled "Perfect week for Soaring" If you are interested in sailplanes at all I would highly recommend it.

BTW I got my Commerical Glider Add on about 3 years ago. To say flying gliders is a kick in the pants is an understatement.

Dangerkitty said:
Steve,

What is the title of the CD? I just bought a DVD titled "Perfect week for Soaring" If you are interested in sailplanes at all I would highly recommend it.

BTW I got my Commerical Glider Add on about 3 years ago. To say flying gliders is a kick in the pants is an understatement.

DK, The title is Transition to Gliders for powered pilots by Bob Wander. Just wondering if does a god job of explaining the difference between airplane and glider flying. It just came out a few months ago so I haven't been able to get any opinions from glider pilots. I'll have to pick up Perfect week or Soaring while I'm at it. Thanks for the reply. Steve

Steve said:
DK, The title is Transition to Gliders for powered pilots by Bob Wander. Just wondering if does a god job of explaining the difference between airplane and glider flying. It just came out a few months ago so I haven't been able to get any opinions from glider pilots. I'll have to pick up Perfect week or Soaring while I'm at it. Thanks for the reply. Steve

Bob Wander is a pretty famous name in the Soaring Community. I haven't seen the DVD but Bob is a regular contributor to the Soaring magazine put out by the SSA.

You also might wanna go over to www.eglider.org and checkout some of Tom Knauff's stuff. He has a complete transition kit from powered planes to gliders for $120. Tom Knauff is the foremost Glider Instructor in the US. The only problem with Tom is he sometimes comes off as being arrogant and a little full of himself. If you can get past that he has alot of good info that you will find useful.

You also need to join the SSA. Go to www.ssa.org and they can sign you up.

Once more thing the DVD I was talking about is called "A FINE Week for Soaring" by Juan something or other. I don't know where I came up with Perfect week for Soaring. I will get the website address for you when I get back home. If that doesn't get you excited about soaring then nothing will. They have got some great ridge soaring going about 110 knots 20-60 feet off the ridge. Really really beautiful camer work.

I also got a really good aerobatic glider video on my home computer. PM me your e-mail address and I can send it to you. It is super cool.

BTW, which Gliderport are you going to be flying out of?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back