• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Spirt Pilots/jumpseat?

flyalot

Total Time
I need advice.

When I call to list for International Jumpseat, Cass denies me the abilty in the computer. Which is correct in the sense I can not sit in the seat. Yet using my Jumpseat priveleges to ride space available is not an option. They say that to ride space available, you need a paper ticket.
What¨s the deal?
Is there a way to talk them through the steps needed to acomplish this?
Thanks

Beetle007

Total Time
4500+
Not sure how, but you will probably have to pay the international taxes. That is probably part of the reason you are having trouble listing for a jumpseat.

flyalot

Total Time
I was hoping to list, so when at the ticket counter, life would be a bit easier. Not speaking the language it will be an issue. Plus the fact most don¨t understand/know of Offline jumpseaters.
Thanks

ratvis

Total Time
I spent a couple of hours at the ticket counter in FLL trying to get listed for a flight back from Costa Rica. They were very patient and helpful, but they had no idea how to do it. They guy who check me in, in CR, said they did it all wrong. He some how knew exactly how to do it.

I would go to the ticket counter, kiss some ass, and hope you get lucky.