Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Will Offer Wine in a Can to Passengers - Stay Classy...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will take my 17 days off per month and will make over 100k this year...oh yeah, this is on second year pay and flying 60 hours per month. Its all in creative bidding...Spirit is a great place to work and will be for a long time. Oh, and if someone spits on me....im pretty sure I will crack you in the Jaw!! :)

This seems unlikely in my experience.

Absolutely you can. Several of my friends did it. I did it, not at 2nd year but at that time my 4th year was where 2nd year pay is now. But you work a ton of overtime and to have 17 off, you have to live in base and be very senior. Back then I was only getting 10-11 days. A year later it got better and went well over 100k but still only 12-13 days off. That is just my experience.

With 17 off, you have to be a guy who does nothing but those Bogota turns. There is like 7 lines like that. You have to bypass upgrade for a while to hold those lines.

Most guys who don't do OT, because they don't feel like or they commute and can't, make around 70-80 2nd year probably averaging 15 off with the occasional 17 off. I am hearing a lot that first year is rough though.

The ironic thing about spirit, at the end of the day when you add in all the fees and charges, you would have probably paid less on Southwest or Jetblue.

Sorry guys, I should have been more clear. I average 15 to 17 days off per month..got to love FLICA when it works.

You totally can make 100k on 2nd year pay. Its all in the bidding and transition conflict is no secret. Also, you throw in good JA trips...I credit 130 to 150 hours per month and only work about 60. This is all within the contract as well.

Just flew with a guy(captain) in fll that is on track for 230k plus. He bids the same way...

Shoot me a PM and I will give you the low down.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I should have been more clear. I average 15 to 17 days off per month..got to love FLICA when it works.

You totally can make 100k on 2nd year pay. Its all in the bidding and transition conflict is no secret. Also, you throw in good JA trips...I credit 130 to 150 hours per month and only work about 60. This is all within the contract as well.

Just flew with a guy(captain) in fll that is on track for 230k plus. He bids the same way...

Shoot me a PM and I will give you the low down.

WOW...I thought those days were gone...dont get me wrong im on pace to make 85 or 90 easily. I bid about 35% as a DFW FO...but im a commuter..so I bassicly just fly my line and go home without much tweaking...plus our lack of green days makes it almost impossible to move anything around and make any money....more power to ya...

It is becoming a pain in the A$$ with coverage. Im sure my credit is gonna go down a lot over the next few months.

Trying to ride the wave while I can.

The ironic thing about spirit, at the end of the day when you add in all the fees and charges, you would have probably paid less on Southwest or Jetblue.

I was in Europe a couple of weeks ago on vacation. One airline I flew over there, Vueling, has the same model as NK. The lady in front of me was trying to check in two suitcases. Since her husband bought the ticket and only paid for one suitcase, the extra charges (second bag + exceeding weight restrictions) were around 170 Euros. A bit more than $200. That's about what I paid for two tickets, including two bags to check in.
If you know what you need to pay for in advance, airlines like NK are inexpensive. If you miscalculate and have to pay additional fees at the airport, it's going to cost you an arm and leg.

Latest resources

Back