Spirit V AAI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASH

Given the new contracts coming up at both of them, which would have a higher career earnings potential? Where would you go if offered both? Any chance of AAI opening an MCO base?

You can't base your decision on possible contracts that are far from being finished.

However, I would consider the following
- Do you want to commute to FLL or ATL?
- Are you willing to move to FLL or ATL?
- Who is going to hire you and give you the first class date. A lot of people seem to debate where to go before they are offered any jobs.
- Who do you think has a more viable business plan (your guess is as good as mine)
-The chance of AAI openining an Orlando base is probably the same as Spirit opening an Orlando base

Last edited:
Given that he was asking about an Orlando base I just assumed DTW was out of the question. Although DTW has a little better trips than FLL and the cost of living is cheaper in DTW. Also cheaper for a crashpad in DTW.

Spirit also just "reopened" an ACY (Atlantic City) satellite base. It is voluntary and available to any first officer. There are lots of captains but not that many first officers volunteering. The ACY lines are currently ALL day trips with usually 15 or 16 days off a month. Not bad if you consider a new hire could skip reserve and go straight to a great line (if you live in base).

Last edited:
Given that he was asking about an Orlando base I just assumed DTW was out of the question. Although DTW has a little better trips than FLL and the cost of living is cheaper in DTW. Also cheaper for a crashpad in DTW.

Spirit also just "reopened" an ACY (Atlantic City) satellite base. It is voluntary and available to any first officer. There are lots of captains but not that many first officers volunteering. The ACY lines are currently ALL day trips with usually 15 or 16 days off a month. Not bad if you consider a new hire could skip reserve and go straight to a great line (if you live in base).

Sure, the 8-Mile section of DTW has plenty of cheap crash pads. But you need to bring your own crack...

BLUE LIGHT SPIRIT SPECIAL!!!!!

If you take the DTW base, we will waive the FIRST CAR JACKING!!

Hurry, you have to act fast.

Just kidding, I love my DTW base! It is much cheaper to be based here. I don't know how the FO's and FA's do it down there with a $300,000 fixer-uper.

Also, if you have to commute it is very easy to get here and if you get a hotel you can get a crew rate for about $30-$40/night here and trans to the airport. I live outside of DTW and was based in FLL for the first few months when I got hired a few years ago. The crew rate in FLL was $80/night. So five days on reserve = $400 or so. It basically cost me money to work here that first month. Just luck of the draw I guess.

Hey Cruxx ! PM me man... Hope all is good ! EVV

With Spirit call out times you move to Toledo and really save some money.

With Spirit call out times you move to Toledo and really save some money.

But with gas prices the way they are, you'll lose it all right back! :D :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back