Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit to start charging for bags and drinks..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Before anyone offers an opinion on Spirit's pricing policy, they need to study Spirit's business plan. I'm no NKoolaide drinker, but I do believe that the plan just might work. In short, when one looks at the publically available information regarding Spirit, they will find that Spirit is focusing of the islander/southAmerican/centralAmerican immigrant to Florida and the heavily urban areas of the east coast. Those passengers don't read the local business news, or even the internet news. The immigrants only want a cheap ticket to visit home and the islanders/etc only want a cheap way to get to the States and shop. Spirit thinks that the new business plan can succeed in this demographic.

Spirit doesn't really care what the American leisure crowd thinks.

Neither do they care about what the pilots think.

I doubt that Spirit's business practices carry much threat to the domestic centered LCC.

I only want to get paid what I'm worth.

Wasnt that part of the "new NSP" to get what were worth. hmm does that go both ways. I know you guys are in contract negotiations and were starting soon. lets get what were worth!!!!

Spirit to start charging for bags

It's about time that someone tried to discourage grumpy, overweight, middle-aged women from applying for flight attendant jobs. We should all be grateful to Spirit for taking this courageous first step toward restoring the profession.

Ryanair is one the most profitable airlines in the world, when measured by annual operating margins. Their margins have averaged well over 20% since 9/11. In this cyclical and captial-intensive business, they are producing excellent results for their shareholders....employees and customers be danged (not my word...).

Spirit is not making a panic move as someone else suggested but employing a business model here in the US, which has largely been ignored by the competition, but has produced superior results for other foreign carriers. I agree that other airlines that focus on this segment of the passenger market will follow their lead if and when Spirit shows a demonstrable improvement to their top line results.

Latest resources

Back